Chapter 31 - Protector

The weekend went by quickly and really nicely as I had the chance to spend two days fully with Clari and it seemed like I could make her forget about Dominguez.

But not so long...

- Oh god... I need to go back to work... And I'm not sure if I can face him... - she muttered on Monday morning.

- Don't worry too much - I said as I hugged her.

- But I can't not to worry because he's still this baby's father after all! What if... Even if not now, but later he comes back to his senses and wants my baby?!

- What do you mean exactly?

- That...

She suddenly froze and she seemed like she doesn't know what to say.

- Clari... Are you hiding something? - I questioned on a serioud tone.

- Well... I... - she sighed deeply then she finally said it - Our relationship... Didn't work for some time now...

- It doesn't really surprise me...

- Huh?

- I mean... I've seen that because you seemed to be having more fun... Around other people and he has been going away without you as well...

- Yeah... Sometimes he seemed so loving and stuff and other times he kept distance from me... - she mumbled, looking down.

- Clari... - I sighed and gently lifted her chin up to look into her eyes - Don't be scared of him... Or anyone... Because as long as I'm here you'll get everything you need... Okay?

She looked into my eyes and smiled softly that melted my heart right away.

- Thank you... - she said.

- It's nothing at all... - I smiled back at her - Now... Let's go to work and call me if I wouldn't be near you, but something's wrong!

- Okay, but no need to treat me like this... I'm not heavy pregnant just yet - she giggled.

- I know! I just... Want to help...

- I know and I appreciate that - she said and caressed my cheek softly.

God, every time she touches me I'm feeling totally weak in my legs and my heart is beating really fast too. I just love her too much it seems....

----- TIME SKIP -----

We went to work and everything was going well. I have been on the scene for some time now with Carla when Martin finally called for break, but as soon as I got off suddenly Clari ran into my arms, crying.

- Hey... What happened, beautiful? - I asked as I was hugging her tightly to me - Why are you crying?

- Dominguez... - this is all she could say while she was crying.

- What did he do to you again? - I questioned more as I started to get annoyed.

She didn't reply, doesn't matter how many times I've been asking so instead I decided to do my best to cheer her up.

- Hey... Come with me and let's eat something!

- That's... That's a good idea... I actually am hungry right now... - she muttered.

- That's the spirit! - I smiled - You'll feel bettee and forget everything bad, I can promise you that!

- Okay...

I then lead her to the cafeteria to find something good to eat.

On the way we bumped into Dominguez who grabbed Clari's arm suddenly and quite hard too.

- I didn't finish with you yet! - he hissed.

- Let go of her! She doesn't deserve this treatment! - I hissed at Dominguez.

- You shut up! This is not your business!

- It's my business! - I said the grabbed his arm which he was grabbing Clari's with - Now let go of her!

He looked coldly at me for minutes then he let go of her and stormed off.

- Thank you... - she cried again as she hugged onto me - Thank you for protecting me...

- No need to thank me... - I smiled and kissed her head - This is the least I can do...

She smiled up at me then we left to go to eat and didn't even talk about what happened earlier as we haven't seen that asshole too.