Chapter 36 - It's time

After dinner I walked to the door with Annalise just to have some words with her before she leaves.

- I'm quite greatful for tonight - I said and gave her a short smile.

- Why exactly? - she asked, a bit confused.

- Because you have been so nice to Clari all night. I thought you were about to get uhm... You know...

- Get upset and start to being a bitch, huh?

- Uhm... Yeah...

- Well, I was planning to be... To be honest, but I realized I shouldn't... Because I know how hard it is to be pregnant and she would be all alone without you...

- Yeah...

- So all I want to say is that... Good luck with her... Good luck and hopefully she'll notice how wonderful man you are...

- Nah... I'm not that wonderful - I laughed.

- Yes, you are! And I'm sure she knows that too... Because the way she looked at you told me everything.... Even if you don't notice that...

- Do you really think so...?

- Yes... But now I have to go so...

- Alright. Take care and we'll talk later!

She nodded and soon she left the house.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Another three months passed and soon it was time for Clari to go to labor and I decided to not to work for now so I can help her when it's time.

And soon the time indeed came...

I have been ready for weeks and sleeping with open ears so I clearly heard when she cried out in pain so I took her to the car and quickly went to the hospital and I stayed by her side the whole time, helping her even though I was probably more like a bother to her as I was more nervous and excited than her.

And 3 hours of struggling Clari's beautiful daughter was finally born and she was crying in happiness...

- You did it... You did it... - I said as she was still grabbing my hand tightly - Everything will be fine now...

She was still in shock from happiness and from everything that happened so I let her be and waited with her until the nurse came back with the baby and carefully handed her to Clari.

- My god... - she cried - She's so beautiful...

- She is... - I smiled - Just like her mother...

Clari looked up at me and smiled.

- Do you want to hold her? - she asked.

- C-Can I?

- Yes, of course!

- Then alright - I nodded and she carefully handed me the baby and I just fell in love with her right away.

It has been 17 years since I had a chance to hold a tiny baby... It was Amanda whom I held like this the last time... Too bad that this is not my baby...

----- TIME SKIP -----

After a while I was just sitting next to Clari's bed when she sat up and looked at me...

- What do you think... What should her name be? - she asked.

- I... I think it should be your... Your decision... And the father's...

- Diego - she cut me off - I need to... I need to tell you something...

- What is it?

- Remember... The night that we spent together when Dominguez wasn't at home and I have been feeling alone...

- We spent a really great night together - I said, still confused.

- Yeah... But do you remember what happened that night exactly?

- Uhm...

I wasn't too sure what am I supposed to say mustly because I started to remember what happened.

We got pretty drunk that night and I just couldn't control myself...

Wait a moment...

- As I see you're starting to remember... - Clari said as my eyes probably widened - This happened that night...

- Clari, I... I'm really sorry...

- No need to say sorry... - she smiled - I wanted it too... And that was the night when I realized something...

- Realized what...?

- That you're the only person that truly does love me... And I hope you still do... Because I fell in love with you since I'm living together with you... - she said and now she was blushing madly.

- Say it... - I muttered as I leaned closer to her - Say what's in your heart...

She touched my cheeks with both hands and finally said what I've been fighting for years now...

- I love you, Diego Ramos...