Chapter 82

Sorry for the late update. I got sick for days and still recovering. I'm not in the right mind but I wrote this crappy short chapter. I hope you still enjoy reading it.

— Love, Author

˚ ✧₊ ⁎ ⁎⁺ ˳✧༚ ˚✧ ₊ ⁎⁎ ⁺˳✧ ༚˚ ✧₊ ⁎ ⁎⁺˳ ✧༚

I was the villainess of the story but I swear to the moon and sun I felt like a heroine the moment I opened my eyes in a badly lit room. I found myself laying on a bed with my ankle chained on the wall. The heroine should be in my position struggling in this situation, not me.

Damn it.

Having an idea where I was I pondered depressingly. Why? Just why am I getting involved in this part of the story?

The air was dense and colder than it should be which I assumed that I was somewhere underground, two floors below perhaps.

Outside on the surface, one will think that the mansion was just a gambling place for the nobles and rich but little that people know that under this building was where drugs being created and humans being experimented.

My eyes glanced at a man who was wearing a white coat, his hair was long that it covered his eyes. When I woke up five minutes ago he was already there apologizing for waking me up. For someone who conducts experiments on people, he's apologetic. He should be laughing and kissing his syringe like some perverted madman. But this guy was docile like a newborn fawn.

I pursed my lips into a thin line feeling the vial in the pocket as I listen to his answer. The drug that can manipulate someone and the antidote were all made by him.

If I have just told Edmund and gave him the vial will I not be in this situation, in this place? Perhaps. Probably.

"You look like you're regretting something, miss," the man said in mild tone while holding a syringe. "Ah-! I'm sorry for disturbing your thoughts."

"Isn't that normal, mister. Especially when someone's about to die. Regrets flooding inside, what if's and if only filled the thoughts," I said gripping the cold chain. The chain rattled at my weak attempt of pulling it from the wall. "The feeling of regret consume and torment you that's why you kept on apologizing even though you shouldn't."

The tugging of the chain was the only sound in the room for a while before I received his reply.

"You're right. . . Are you sure you're a child? You're pretty calm for someone who wakes up in an unknown location." Beneath those bangs, I could feel his eyes curiously staring at me but I ignored him and continued to pull the chain since I have nothing to do. He then sighed. "If only I didn't give the poison then I wouldn't be here killing people. If only I knew she'll kill the queen then I wouldn't be here regretting like this."

With one last tugged I released my hold. The heavy chain fell on the bed with a soft thud. I then looked at the man stiffly. Did I hear him right? Kill the queen? Poison? Her?