25: Tired

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung ran to his car and without further thought, he drove to a very familiar location...

The darkness slowly faded as he saw a beautiful park come into his view. The night was in full bloom and the park was empty. Lights were still illuminating the greenery of the area.

He doesn't have an idea why he went there.. but he felt like that. Parking the car on the side, he walked to the entrance and slowly opened the gate. He walked to a specific place and to a specific bench. Everything seemed just like before... like when they played there while talking for hours. The bench was repainted with a dark brown color unlike before when it was painted with golden brown paint.

He slowly sat there... at the same spot.. his figure slumped completely on the metal bench.

He turned his head to the right side and saw a glint of the younger kookie.. smiling at him with his bunny teeth. His head was still resting over the top of the bench while tilting towards the right side.

"Y- you are back.. but I think... we are too much distant." He mumbled as tears started to fall from his left eye, flowing to his right eye, and then fell on the bench.

He let out his tears again... maybe he was overreacting but he can't control it. The way Kookie slapped away his hand.. he can't get it out of his mind. The person he wanted to see the most, the boy he missed a lot in past years, the same boy, refused to show his face.

He was clear that cold was a lame excuse.. nothing else... and that's the thing hurting him.

"I guess... you don't feel the same as I do." He tried to summarise the things on his own.

"Not your fault though.... who will stay by my side. Afterall... I am pathetic." Words left the bitterness over his tongue as he chuckled humorlessly.

He wanted to be alone with few good memories, his golden memories with his very first friend. Besides the fact that he was too much happy to know that finally he found him after years but deep down he could feel that something was off.

"Y-- you have also grown up so well kookie... so well that I feel small in front of you." He again mumbled to no one, only the voice of crickets and some nocturnal birds could be heard.

All the excitement left his body as he started to feel extremely exhausted and tired. Tired of such a dramatic life and was exhausted from being the main character of this drama.

He wanted to rest... rest a lot to forget some messy thoughts clouding his mind. After a while of shedding tears of anger and frustration, he got up from the bench but he felt his legs wobble as soon as he let those carry his weight. He could barely take two steps when his knees suddenly buckled up but he quickly grabbed the bench and fell on it.

I can't drive like that...

He realized that he was so overwhelmed with emotions right now. The state wasn't good for him to do anything else. He sighed and grabbed the phone from his pocket and without any thought he dialed a number.

"Can you pick me up?? Please?" He asked the person in his shaky voice and from the other side a panicked voice beamed.

"Where are you Tae?? Send me your location. I am coming.. ok. I am coming."

He messaged the location after ending the call and looked up at the sky.

"It's fun to see me like that? You must think how pathetic is your son. But I can't help mom.. things are bound to be like that with me... without any effort." He croaked out, almost tearing up, and finally closed his eyes.