Chapter Two

I stood there stunned.

Completely stunned that I almost forget what really is the reason why I walked here, where will I be heading to, or why would I do so.

What did he just say?

He's with his girl?

But damn it, I swear I am pretty much certain that there is no other soul here other than the two of us.

Does that make me the girl he's referring to?

Oh, damn that idea.

Okay, let's do a recap Zophoeah.

I barely know him. I just seen him this afternoon in that same department  store in this mall my brother and I went to. And seen him again on my way here, where I was able to recall that I've seen him in the same university I am in. Yet here he is, telling me he's with his girl while he's with me.

Does that make me . . . his girl?

Oh, silly. How would that even be possible?

And speaking of possibilities, this guy is impossible!

I took a deep breath, and calmed my self. Wore a not so big, but not so small smile either. I don't actually know anymore whether I look constipated or I look like a puppet with this, but that was the only smile I can afford right at that exact moment.

I exhaled. But made sure that I look as annoying as I could get with my newly found smirk and arched brow. I gathered my words.

"I'm sorry, Mister. But the last time I checked, nobody owns me."

Madrama at puno ng pang-uuyam ko 'yong sinambit.

That was supposed to shoot him hard and make him see how impossible he seems to me but damn my wits with the next horrible thing that happened!

His eyes slightly widened.

At first, I thought It was because he's schocked with how hard my words punched him. But not until I get to understand things way clearer.

He is shocked. He's shocked by what I've said. But not because it striked him hard. But because it striked so bad it hit me instead!

What hell of a bullet would bounce back towards who pulled the gun's trigger?!

But I almost screamed in frustration and embarrassment when I saw that hell of a girl she's with in that same department store we've been to just this afternoon, walked out of the girl's comfort room and went sraight to him!

My blood probably got drained.

I almost can picture my face void of any color.

I was back to being stunned.

I was so stunned I can not afford to find the strength to just leave that place or even move an inch.

Ni hindi ko manlang nagawang mag-iwas ng tingin.

His brows are slightly furrowed now. He probably didn't expect me to misunderstand what he's said about him being with his girl, just the way I never thought I misunderstood that hell of a line that bad!

He's with his girl okay?!

But the reason why I see no girl around other than me is because we're outside the girl's rest room! And he can not go inside so he stood there that long to wait for 'his girl'!

And that's definitely not me! But the girl, who, just a second ago was inside the restroom!

So technically, he's with his girl!