Chapter Fifteen

"Happy birthday!"

Sunod-sunod ang mga pagbati ng mga bisita habang kami ay sumasalubong sa kanila sa bukana ng portico.

The mansion looked even more elegantly beautiful.

Ang gusto sana ni Mommy ay sa iba ganapin ang party but Zariyah found a way to convince her to just simply do it here.

Afterall, the mansion is really big and even much suited for an event's reception.

It doesn't actually need any more enhancements and priming but Mom slightly added some decorations anyway.

Sakto lamang at hindi masakit sa mga mata.

The theme of the house have became champagne, maroon, and with a slight hint of golds in the perfect locations.

I was even surprised that Mom settled with some gistening hues. But probably to show the socialites that she's feeling perfectly well.

Mommy was sporting her ever elegant regal beauty. No traces of stress from her face.

She looked like a queen wearing simple, yet elegant beige night gown with some glistening embroideries on the upper part of it.

The beige color should've actually made her looked out of place in the umbrageously grim color made by the deepness of the reds in the interiors, but she seems to find her way to go smoothly with the glittering decorations she's decided to blend with in the theme.

That made her even shine brighter as if she's the one needed being in the spotlight. But Mommy, being the natural that she is, 6 wouldn't really want any attention, so she's manage to balance her highlights by wearing the simple color of a beige.

I on the other hand, settled with a bright red gown. It highlighted my fair complexion and looked everly woundorous given the glistening gold choker that perfectly fitted my neck, a pair of earrings in the same colors, and an ever attractive ornamentation used to fix my hair in a regal form of a braided-bun.

I was so sure I looked overly beautiful, if only not for the looks of my sister.

She wears almost exactly as what I'm wearing.

The hue just made the slight yet noticeable difference.

Her gown is in a darker shade of red. It goes perfectly with her fair skin that made her look cold yet sweet. Two opposing qualities combined without even causing disdain in the eyes. She was wearing the same ornaments in her head, but in silver colors. Same as her choker, and the earrings she has. It was elegantly glamorous.

I would've actually love the silver one, but Zariyah picked it first, so I can't argue.

And she seem to carry it way better than I could so I should stop complaining.

But I am just not so comfortable looking so bright, when I am nobody's friend.

It was like, a pest in their eyes is highlighted that made them just wish to cover their eyes because of the disdain.

But I'm just glad nobody made any comment that'll make me wanna crumble.

Nagmano kami kay Auntie nang bumati siya.

She's Mom's sister in law.

Madalang silang makabisita at hindi rin naman namin nagagawang bumisita sa kanila.

They are living on the Graciano's ancestral house and Manor where their mainlands, hacienda, factories and sugar mills are led and regulated by Uncle Lazaro. Being the eldest son, he's inherited the first, and main riches of the Gracianos.