Chapter Nineteen

"Where exactly are we going, Zariyah?"

"Don't be too grumpy, Zophi. We're going out to have fun, so please, you deserve a smile!"

Si Zariyah ang nagmamaneho ng sasakyan at nakangiti siyang sumulyap sa akin.

I didn't even know she knows how to drive.

"We don't really have to do this. You're trying to override now the things you didn't even think about disobeying then. Mom would probably find this displeasing."

"Hey, you're startimg to sound like me. Huwag kang masyadong seryoso. I'm doing this because for once, I want to try being the girl you've been asking me to be always back then. A free one. Even just for a night. Kaya let's just take this chance and enjoy?"

Halos matawa na nga ako at nagkabaliktad na yata kami ngayon mg tono.

Siya ang paratimg sumasaway sa akin sa tuwing mga pinaplano akong hindi maganda at maari naming ikapahamak.

But now, hindi ko lang maisip n gagawin niya ito.

She's the ever obedient Zariyah I have for a sister. The rule keeper.

Scared of crossing the boundaries.

But she's right.

Hindi ko alam kung kailan nga ba maaring maulir ito kung palalampasin ko ngayon.

We should enjoy.

For it's now, or never.

Kinabahan ako nang maramdaman muli ang kilabot na kanina ko pa nararamdaman.

I don't exactly know what is it all about.

All I know is that, natatakot akong hindi ito matuloy.

What's going on?

Pilit kong iniling ang aking ulo at pinagsikapang alisin sa aking utak ang masamang isipin.

I'm probably just weirded out by Zariyah's sudden change of attitude.

I looked at Zariyah.

She's prudently driving the car while keeping her smile with her.

She looked excited. She looked happy.

I wonder how she's managed to be happy all these years.

Probably because she's never did anything that could complicate the circumstances even more.

Because she's obeyed. She's gave in.

She never tried to go against the walls that are set keep her in place. And she's submissively obeyed.

I wonder if I'll be finding the world this complicated if I just tried all my best to do what exactly my Mom is asking me to do so?

But thinking about it, I can never get my self to understand how will I be happy if I'll force my self to do something that is beyond my will? Tha's opposite to what I want?

But it's just too absurd that which ever choice I decide to do, it seems to me that I'll still remain this unhappy.

"How are you doing it?"

Maya-maya ay untag ko.

Sandaling napabaling sa akin si Zariyah.

"Hmm? Do what, Zophi?"

"Let the boundaries restrict you?"

Bahagyang natawa si Zariyah.

"Magbubulakbol na at lahat, ganyan parin ang iniisip mo, Zophi?" Nakangiti niyang baling sa akin.