Chapter 2

Talia POV

3 YEARS LATER

I woke up to my alarm on my nightstand blaring loudly as I groan and grab it to shut the annoying beeping up. I stretched my body before I rolled out my bed and headed towards the bathroom to do my morning business.

Your probably a little confused. Well let me explain real quick, the day I got the job, Kelly made a few phone calls and was able to find me a cheap, small one bedroom apartment. That same day, she called her husband and told him to bring me a bed from one of their guest bedrooms. She also took me grocery shopping and bought me a small TV for my room. Kelly was really sweet lady, like a mother figure and of course I kept telling her I didn't need all that and not to bother but she ignored me. I didnt realize that walking into that Diner, I wasnt going to just get a job, but I was also going to get a new home.

I finish getting ready for my shift at the diner. I was walking out my front door when I noticed a piece of paper that was slid under my front door. I picked it up and ripped it open. Groaning when I noticed it was another shut off notice. I sighed in annoyance because this is the second one I got in the last two months.

About a year ago, we got a new landlord and he is the true definition of an asshole. He even looked like the part. You know the creepy, rude, aggressive and perverted kind of asshole. He raised everyones rent and it annoying because now I cant keep up with all my bills on time and have been paying rent late. Like this month, I am almost two weeks behind on rent. Its frustratingly hard and he doesnt care. All my bills are piling up and all stamped as past due. I get a migraine just looking at the big bold red letters. I read the notice again before I roll my eyes and place it on my counter before leaving out the door, heading to work.

After a fifteen minute walk, I arrive and see that the diner is in full swing. It was just about 10am and we were still serving breakfast. We tend to be more busy during breakfast before anything else. I walk in the back and place my bag in my locker and grab my aprin that has my name on it. I tie it and started to head to the front to grab my notepad and to see what tables I'm assigned to during my shift.

While looking at the sheet, Im interrupted by someone groaning. I look behind me and see Alicia. Since the day I got the job, we became really close friends. She trained me and we became someone important to me since than. We hung out outside of work, went shopping, had coffee days and girls night at each others house.

"Im so glad your here, Lia. Its been a crazy morning." She said as she places the bucket of dirty dishes in the sink. I look around the diner and nod, "I can see that. I was just looking at the tables Im assigned to." I said as she turned to face me. "Yeah, I have been working mine and yours since Kayla decided not to show up for work again." She rolled her eyes. "Again?" I question with a frown and she nods, "I dont see why Kelly doesnt just fire her. She is never here." She scoffs.

"She did." I looked at her and she smiled widely, "Thank goodness. Kayla was a snob and she was so lazy. She never kept up with her tables and was consantly rude. Very flirtation with every single guy or man in a suit that she considered cute or  thought had money." She rolled her eyes, making me shake my head at her.

"Well I'm going to clean the tables you just got these dishes up from and start dealing with my tables. Ill see you at 3pm for our break." I say as I hug her and start to walk to the messy tables to clean and then work on taking orders.

I like working mornings because this is where I make most of my tips. One time this family left me a $50 tip. I was suprised and blessed that day. It might not seem a lot but to someone who makes minimum wage, it's a lot. Finishing up breakfast around 11:30, I would have served about 20 tables by the time lunch time hit. We get a lot of pick up orders during lunch time, which I love since it means less cleaning.

I'm currently taking a huge order on the phone when I look over to my right and see Alicia sitting there smiling at her phone. She had this glint in her eyes and when she looked at me, she smirked and I knew that smirk to well. It was something that's going to get us in some trouble. Trouble that I didn't need right now.

The last three years, I have noticed a lot of things about Alicia. She is the life of the party, the friend that lifts your spirit when your down. She always comes up with these weird ideas that sound crazy but ends up being two different ways. It can be actually fun or become a problem. So when she looked at me with that damn smirk, I knew it was going to be one of those and to be honest, I didn't really want to find out.

I finish taking the order and handed the chef the order so he can get to work on it. When I came back to the front, Alicia was making her way to me with a grin on her face. Here we go, I thought to myself.

"Sooooo, you know how we're both not working tomorrow?" She said and I nodded because I knew where this was going. "And you know how it's Friday?" I nod again. "Well, I got invited to a-" I shook my head to quickly cut her off, "Nope."

She gasped, "How you going to say nope and you don't even know what I was going to say." I gave her that 'your kidding me' look. She knew I hated parties but never stopped trying to make me go with her. She rolled her eyes at me and I shook my head before looking at her.

"Every single time you get invited to a party, we end up getting into some drama. Like last time, remember when we got into that fight because you were kissing that girls boyfriend." I said, remembering how crazy that party was.

We got invited to this college party from one of Alicia friends and the moment we walked in, this guy kept on looking at Alicia. Like a predator looking at his prey. Alicia loved it since she is into all that kinky attention seeking shit. She loved the attention she gets from guys. She sucks that in and runs with it. We are defiantly the complete opposites. But anyways, the guy end up coming up to her and they were chatting most of the night and within an hour or so, I was ditched and they were making out in the corner of the living room. I didn't mind since I was used to it. While I was in the kitchen getting me another drink, some random girl came up to tell me that the person I came in with was arguing with someone. I followed the girl to see what she was talking about and seen Alicia and some girl fighting. Yelling and swinging at each other. Apparently the girl was the guys fiancé. Some fiancé, right?

But I had to jump in because one of the girls friends or sister tried to jump in and I wasn't going to let Alicia get jumped. I was her friend and I wasn't going to let anything happen to her. In the end, cops were called and we got arrested and ended up spending the night in jail. It was my first time in jail, I was angry with Alicia for a few days but now we just laugh about it.

"It's not a party this time, it's a bar and I'll be treating you all night." She said, wiggling her eyebrows and I looked at her. A bar doesn't sound to bad and I could use a drink or two. Especially with the eviction threat and stuff. I could use a night out.

The diner phone started ringing and I walked over to it, "Fine, I'll come." I said before picking up the phone and taking yet, another big order.

She clapped and yelled as she went to go finish cleaning the tables.

All I know is that, if I knew tonight was going to change my life extremely, I probably would of never went. I probably would of never drank and made the mistake of not being careful.