Chapter 10

Talia POV
8 Weeks Pregnant

It's been two weeks since I found out I was pregnant. I been taking the pills the doctor prescribed and it's been helping a lot, especially the nausea pills. I've been able to eat a lot more and I'm current eight and a half week pregnant. I have came around to the idea of being pregnant. I grew to love the baby in my belly in just a short time of knowing it was there.

Today I'm going back to work. I'm also telling Alicia I'm pregnant. I have been dodging her calls. I wasn't ready to talk to anybody so I turned my phone off.

I was walking into the diner and was attacked from behind. I screamed slightly as I turned around and seen it was Alicia.

"Oh Ive miss you!" She said and then smack me in the arm. "Why wasn't your phone on?! I was so worried about you! You didn't even answer your door when I came over to check on you!"

I frowned and looked away. I didn't know she was this worried about me. Now I feel kinda bad. Kinda. I grabbed her hand and dragged her through the kitchen and all the way to the back of the room where our lockers where.

I took a deep breath before I said, "I'm pregnant." It was quiet. She said nothing and it got me scared. Was she mad? Was she upset? Did she not want to be my friend anymore?

But those questions were gone the moment she screamed excitedly and pulled me into a tight hug. She bent down to my stomach and said, "Hi baby! I'm your aunty Lici! I can't wait to meet you!"

She looked up at me as I stood there frozen. "I can't believe it." She started smiling until she tilted her head sideways, "But wait, you don't have a boyfriend."

I knew this was coming. I thought about if I wanted to tell her who the father was because of Butch. Butch said that was his brother/friend. So if I told her, then Butch was going to tell him.

I got scared to know what was going to happen when he found out. Was he going to make me have an abortion? Get rid of it? But I knew it didn't matter if I told her, since he already knew by Selena. I was still pissed that she told him. She had no right to tell him. That was my decision to make and if I chose not to tell him, that would be my choice and consequences to deal with. But she took that from me.

So I decided to tell Alicia. "Your right, I don't have a boyfriend."

"So then who is the father?" She asked, I was going to tell her but the look on her face, I think she realized it. "OMG, it's that guy from the bar! Butch's brother!"

I just nodded my head after a second of silence. "Does he know?!" She asked and I nodded. "OMG! Tell me how it went! Did you tell him? How did you find him?"

I took a deep breath and frowned, "So I don't know if you met her but there was this girl who was working behind the bar, her name is Selena. She dates Rider, my baby's dad, best friend. Her dude and my baby's dad live together, along with her. So when I went to my appointment to see what was wrong with me, I found out I was pregnant. But the thing is, the girl Selena, was my nurse."

She gasped, "Wait what?" I hold my finger up, "Hold on, there's more." I sigh, "So once I found out I was pregnant, I had to get my birth control taken out. I end up having a anxiety attack because I had all the different scenarios running through my mind about my baby's dad. I kept thinking how he was probably going to abandon us. How he was going to make me have an abortion since I was only a one night stand. So anyways, I woke up in a hospital bed because apparently I passed out. When I woke up, I was confused for a bit. After awhile, she was there and she told me how she called him and he was on his way to talk to me."

"Well that's good. So once he got there, you told him right?"she asked. I took a few breath and shook my head.

"Nope, she told him! She told him something I wasn't even understanding yet. She broke the confidentiality agreement between a nurse and patient. She wasn't allowed to. I was angry and I left. I haven't told anybody until you." I said.

She stood there for a second. "So your telling me, he knows about the baby because your nurse who is also your baby's dad friend told him, without your acknowledgment. So you didn't speak to him because you got scared about what was going to happen so you haven't actually had a real conversation and heard how he felt about the situation." I nodded, "Pretty much." I shrugged. "Okay and what were you doing these last two weeks?" She asked.

"I've been at home, crying and trying to get my head wrapped around the fact that I'm having a child that I'm scared about. A child that I feel I'm not ready to have. But a child I want to keep, love and be the best mom I can be to. I'm just scared since I'm having a hard time keeping up with my bills, how am I suppose to take care of a child as well. So for the past two weeks, I have been trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm becoming mom and how I love this baby already." I said with a smiled and placed my hand on my belly.

She smiled and hugged me. "Well you have me, no matter what."

We continued to talk about the baby and she was asking if I had cravings yet and about morning sickness.

But soon our shift started and we  became busy. I was able to sneak away and have a cup of tea and a piece of apple pie after lunch rush. It was so good.

With my shift ending, I was the last one to leave. I cleaned everything up, made sure everything was off, before I walked out and locking the diner doors. I turned around and froze.

There sitting on the hood of his truck, was the one person I was not ready to see, my baby's dad. I took a deep breath and tried to pretend I didn't see him and walk pass him but that didn't work. He jumped off the hood and chased after me and grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.

"Where do you think your going?" He said as he looked me up and down but stopped his eyes on my stomach. I didn't know what to say. I tried to walk away again but his grip on my arm just tightened, not painfully tight where it hurt though.

"We need to talk." He said and I shook my head, "No we don't, now let me go." I said and yanked my arm away from him or at least I tried to.

"Yes we do, now get in the truck." He said sternly. If I was anybody else, he probably would of scared me but I wasn't just anyone. He didn't scare me. So I just shook my head at him.

"Please stop being difficult and get in the truck." He said and I started to try and walk away again. But this time, he picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder like I was a bag of potatoes. Making sure he wasn't hurting my stomach, he turned away and walked towards his truck. I was kicking and screaming for him to put me down. He ignored me and opened his passenger door and threw me in the car gently and put my seatbelt on.

I tried to get out but it wouldn't unlock. He hopped in and started the car.

"It's not good to kidnap a pregnant woman." I said to him. He looked at me for a second, "It's fine when the woman who is pregnant, is pregnant with my child."

I sat frozen, not knowing what to say. He started driving into town and I was confused. "Where are we going?"

"To get food. I heard you barely ate." He said and I looked at him confused. "Alicia." I groaned silently, she must of told Butch. I turned and faced him, "Well I'm not hungry." I said and just on cue, my stomach betrayed me and growled.  He looked at me, "Sure you aren't."

We pulled up outside my favorite Italian Restaurants. It's a quiet little place, where nobody would wants to eat at based on the outside of the building but they have the best food. I smiled to myself and quickly wiped it off when I seen he was looking at me.

"Let's go. I need to feed y'all and we have a lot to talk about." He said hopping out the car and walking to my side.

I was so not ready for this conversation.