Chapter 40

(Time Skip - ONE MONTH LATER)

Talia POV

"Can you get him, babe?" I yell from inside the bathroom as I finish brushing my teeth. "Yeah babe, I got him." I hear Ryder say from inside the bedroom. A few seconds later there was not a sound of a crying baby anymore.

I rinse my mouth out and wash my face. When I'm done I head back into the room. As I open the door and step out the bathroom, I stop in my tracks as I look at the beautiful sight. Ryder is laying on the bed on his back, with our son laying on his chest.

 Ryder is laying on the bed on his back, with our son laying on his chest

(A/N: Imagine man as Stephan James and Baby as Prince Hassan)

Ryder has been a huge help when it comes to helping out with Prince. The first week we arrived home, I constantly woke up from nightmares. Just rerun flashes of what Leo did to me. I wasn't scared as scared because Ryder made sure he told me that they did worse to him then Leo did to me. They said he begged for mercy but Ryder didn't care. Apparently they planned on torturing him twice as long as he did me but Ryder got out of hand one day after Leo mentioned me and Prince and he lost it. He beat him until he didn't have a pulse. I thought I would care but I didn't. Just knowing he was dead and wasn't going to hurt Leslie, Prince or I, helped me recover faster.

When Ryder wasn't away dealing with Leo, he was home and helping me with our son. Changing diapers, bath times, feedings and even took over night shifts some nights so I could sleep. We decided that I was going to breastfeed him most days and those night that I Ryder takes over, we feed him from a bottle with a nipple top. There be times when Prince won't take the bottle so Ryder would just pull my boob out and help Prince latch on.

As the days go by, I noticed that he is defiantly going to be a daddy's boy. He can cry and when I pick him up, it will take me a minute to calm him down. But the moment Ryder picks him up, he shush up automatically. It makes me have these thoughts of my son not liking me as much. That Ryder and him just has a batter bond than us. Of course Ryder constantly tells me it's not true and that he just has the magic touch, which causes me to giggle every time.

I pull out my phone and take a picture. Not wanting to forget this beautiful moment. Of course I send it to everyone as well. We make eye contact and he smiles up and blows me a kiss and I blow one back.

I walk into the closet to get dress and the moment I take off my clothes and make look at myself in the mirror, I freeze and frown. My stomach is covered in light stretch marks and I have huge love handles with a wide stomach. It's swollen and I still look like I'm three months pregnant. I always had a flat stomach and nice small curves. Now I have a body that looks like a Coca Cola bottle. I feel a tear run down my cheeks and continue to stare at my body. Constantly reminding myself that I did just have a baby almost two months ago and woke up from a coma a month ago. But it still doesn't make it any better.