Chapter 8

Talia POV

This morning, I have spent most of it sitting on my knees, bent over the toliet, hurling everything up. Well everything that I am able to keep down, which is just tea.

I wanted this stomach flu to go away.  Once I was done puking, I got up, rinsed my mouth out before I brushed my teeth.

I pulled out my phone and called my doctor at the clinic I go to.

"Dr. Fleming's Office, how may I help you?" I heard a sweet voice speak.

"Hi, I was wondering if you have any appointments for today. I have been throwing up a lot lately and I wanted to come in and get a check up done." I explained.

"One second, let me check." She said and then I heard some typing. After a few seconds, "Hey are you still there?" She asked, "Yes, I'm here." I replied. "Well you are in luck, we just had a cancellation for 1pm." She said and I looked at the clock. That's only an hour away. "Would you like me to put you down for that?" She asked. I could make it since the office is only ten minutes away.

"Yes, please." I said. She asked for my name and put me on the schedule. "Alright, we will see you in at 1pm, Ms. Rivers."  I thanked her and hung up and went to take a shower. It was a quick one, didn't even wash my hair. I threw on a grey sweatsuit since it was kind of chilly out, it's winter time.

I left the house and got to the doctors off, a few minutes before my appointment

I left the house and got to the doctors off, a few minutes before my appointment. I checked in and sat in the waiting area for my name to be called.

About five minutes of waiting and reading a celebrity magazine, my name is called. I placed the magazine back on the table and followed someone into one of the rooms.

"The nurse will be here in just a second to take your vital." She said with a smile before leaving the room.

I looked around the room and it looked like a hospital room. White walls, pregnancy and birth control posters. I'm lucky I'm on nexplanon.

After a few minutes, a nurse comes in and was about to say something until she smiled at me, "Talia?" I smiled when I realized the nurse that came in was Selena. The girl I met at the bar.

"Oh hey!" I said and she came to hug me. "How are you? Why are you here?" I smiled at her, "Well I think I have a stomach bug. I been throwing up a lot lately." I explained and she nodded, writing it down on her clipboard.

"Okay, any other symptoms?" She asked and I shook my head. "Alright, lets check those vitals and see what's wrong."

"I thought you were a waitress at the bar?" I said as she took my blood pressure. She smiled and shook her head, "No, I'm a nurse. I only help out there when it gets busy. My boyfriends bestfriend with the guy that owns the club." She said and she smirked at me. I knew what she was doing. She saw me leave with that Rider guy that night.