Chapter 20

Talia POV

I stand there frozen, holding a glass plate and looking at the man who just broke my heart. He stands there with this look in his eyes that I can't explain. It looked like he was mad, sad, hurt and disappointed. Was he mad that I haven't been talking to him or was he mad because he was late? Is he sad because he missed the party or was it because of work? Did he realize he hurt me so he wanted to mask the same feeling? Was he disappointed because he let me down on the most important part of my pregnancy?

"Talia?" He started to walk towards me but I held one of my hands up in front of me to stop him from coming any closer. I didn't want to be near him. I didn't even want to be in the same room as him. "Baby, please let me explain?" He begged over and over. I didn't want to hear his excuses. "Baby, please? It had something to do with work and-" I felt my eyes start to burn with my salty tears.

I can't believe I just heard that. I smashed the plate to the ground and glared at him. "Work? You missed the celebration of finding out the gender of our child, because of work! You abandoned me for weeks because of work! I have tried to wrap my head around your duties at President of this MC and I have been trying my hardest to respect them, but this...." I pointed around the room, "This was more important than any work you had to do. Our child is more important and you don't seem to understand that! You seem to forget what's important to you! You have left me alone and there have been amazing and beautiful moment you have missed out on and what's more crazy, EVERYONE IN THAT HOUSE THAT LIVES WITH US HAVE STEPPED UP AND TOOK YOUR PLACE!!! THEY HAVE SHARED THESE BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS WITH ME!! OUR BABYS FIRST KICK, WHERE WERE YOU?!!! THEY ALL FELT HIM!!!"

I glared at him with tears in my eyes. "Baby pleas-" I grabbed another plate and threw it near his feet when he tried to come closer again. "Dont you fucking step any more closer to me and don't you fucking call me baby! The moment you started abandoning me, our baby and your responsibilities to us, I no longer am yours. You don't think I can't smell the alcohol on your breath or the cheap ass perfume that stench your clothes when you come in late and forget to shower. You don't think I wait up, praying for you to walk through that door at night and tell me how much you love or miss me like I love and be missing you." I froze when I realize what I just said but I was so hurt and I couldn't stop until I got everything out.

"You failed me and our child, Austin. I hope you realized what you just lost. I'm not bitter as other women are. I would never take your son away from you."

His eyes went wide, "S-Son?" He stuttered. But I just ignored him, "I'm moving out the room and you can continue what you are doing with whoever and focus on work. I will continue to do what I do and take care of myself and the growing of our son." I placed a hand on my belly, "I just hope you don't disappoint him like you have me."

I knew that was a low blow and I knew I shouldn't have said that but it was the truth. I had so much pain and disappointment in my heart towards him that I couldn't even look at him anymore. I turned my back to Rider and towards the guys, "Can one of you take me home please? My back hurts and I'm tired." Hawk immediately nodded and walked towards me, fishing his keys out his pocket.

I looked towards Selena, "I'm sorry." She gave me a heartbroken smile, "Dont worry about it. We will finish cleaning up here and pack all the gifts up. We'll see you at the house." I didn't say anything, I turned and walked away. Not glancing at him once, I pass him and headed towards the door. Before I walked out I heard him try to talk to his dad.

"Dad?" He said quietly. I heard someone take a deep breath, "I don't think you realized the damage you have caused her, Rider. She had hoped and prayed you would be here but you failed her. Now this is your consequence."