14

Caroline's POV
I woke up from Charlotte hitting me with a pillow. "What" I say "get up" she says still hitting me. I get up. "What time is it" I ask "10:42" she says. "What can we do today because I leave tonight" she asks "we could go to the zoo" I say "yeah let's go" she says "but I'm gonna shower first" she says walking into the bathroom. I nod.

I call Jack. "Hello" he say in he's morning voice. "Good morning" I say "good morning" he says "char and I are going to the zoo today, do you and the boys want to come?" I ask "I haven't been to the zoo In a long time" he says laughing "ill call Johnson and nate" he says "I'll call sammy" I say "bye love you" he say "love you bye" I say and hang up.

I call sam and he can come. Jack texts me that Johnson can but nate can't. I get ready and I'm wearing jeans, a flannel, combat boots, and a black vest.

Char and I walk downstairs to eat breakfast. "Caroline dad is at work and I have to go somewhere, can you watch noah" my mom says picking up her purse. "Um sure we are going to the zoo, where are you going" I say "I just have to go somewhere" she says "I LOVE THE ZOO" noah says "lets go" char says putting her arm around noah.
We walk out of the house and I'm confused why my mom was in such a big rush but I brush it off and we walk into jacks house.

"We're in the kitchen" I hear Johnson yell. We walk into he kitchen and see everyone sitting on the counter. "Hey little dude" Jack says messing up Noah's hair. Everyone talks for a little bit. "ready" sammy asks. "Yeah" everyone responds.

We had to take two cars. Jack, noah, and I in jacks car and Johnson, sammy, and Char. "Are you okay Coco" noah asks me. "Yeah just thinking" I say confused about my mom. I feel Jack put his hand on my hand and I relax.

We get to the zoo and it's not very crowded. "I wanna see the lions" noah says on jacks back. "To the lions we go" jacks say running in front of everyone. I smile. We walk to the lions and take picture in front of them. We have someone take a picture of everyone and I post it on Instagram i caption it "Wild life🐯"

"I'm hungry" char says "same" sammy says. "Let's go to the food court" I say. We start walking toward the food court. "Do they have Panda Express" Johnson asks "We'll see" char says "because if they do thats my shit" Johnson says "hey little ears" I say pointing to noah who was to busy looking at the animals.

We make it to the food court. "Yes they have Panda" Johnson says high fiving with Sammy. Everyone follows. It's Noah and I turn to order. "Noah what do you want" I say "noodles, chicken and cream cheese puffs" he says. I tell the worker and we pay.

We sit down at a big table. Everyone comes in and sits down and starts eating. "What was you favorite animal" char says to Noah. "I liked the monkeys" he says "me too" Char says. "I liked the polar bears" I say. "Me too those a were my third favorite" Noah says. Everyone laughs. "My second favorite were the rhinos" he says.

My phone starts to ring. It's Omaha hospital. "Excuse me" I say getting up from the table. "Hello" I say. "Is this Caroline Rosemount" a women says "yes" I say "I'm very sorry but your mother has been shot" the women say. A tear runs down my face. "What" my voice cracks. "I'm very sorry" she says. I hang up and standing there crying.

I feel Jack touch my shoulder. I turn around and bury and face into his sweatshirt. "What happened babe" he say worried. "My mother got shot" I say barely being able to breathe. Jack hugs me and says "I'm so sorry".

Char and everyone else standing up and starts walking towards me. Char comes up and hugs me. "Your dad just texted me" she said. We start to walk out of the zoo. Noah runs up to me crying and I hug him. We walk to jacks car and get in.

We start to drive back and I can hear Noah quietly crying in the back. Tears roll down my checks. Jack holds my hand. As soon as we get home char has to leave for the airport. I hug hear crying and my dad didn't think that I should go to the airport because it would be too much to handle.

I take a bath and get into my pjs. I have never felt sadder in my life. Jack comes into my room. "What are you doing here" I say "it's 2 morning" I say. "I know but I know you'd be awake" he says cuddling up next to me. I fall asleep.

_________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Big plot twist!!!!

Xoxo caroline