05| Doomed

A freaking bee stings your head the moment you blink your eyes open.

You squint at the light seeping through the window panes, gaping up at the creamy wall that shimmers lightly from the sunlight illuminating this room.

Then, a chorus of annoying birds breaks the morning silence, making you groan before turning away from the window. You absently stare at the abstract paintings plastered over the walls of this aesthetic little office room.

Wait a damn minute.

You sit up, eyes darting around this modernly decorated room. Somehow, your bed feels extra plushy than usual. And since when did you clean your room?

Crap. This is most definitely not your room.

Flinging the fuzzy pink bed sheet off your body, you stare with widened eyes at a white shirt that loosely hugs your naked body. The shirt fits you like a dress, the hem stopping your mid-thigh while the sleeves swallow your arms, grazing the end of your elbow.

"Ah. You're alive," a masculine voice comes, muffling into the beats of his footsteps against the velvety carpet.

You jerk your head to the left, ignoring the aches shooting through your head. Then, almost miraculously, all the pain is shooed away once you take in the man hovering after the door frame.

A small smile darts onto his features, his dimples cutting deep into his cheeks. The man's hair is parted from the center, his jet black hair curtaining his forehead messily.

His dark brown eyes are twinkling with amusement as he takes you in, but you're so shocked you can't seem to appear conscious of your looks—Especially when you aren't a sight to behold in the mornings.

"Damn, you look like my aunt after a coma," he blurts to your surprise, his voice oddly comforting. "So you obviously slept well, no?"

Face growing red, you quickly stand, the sudden movement causing your iron deficiency to trigger the vague black spots to muffle your vision.

It takes a second to find your voice. "Excuse me?" you ask frowning, "Who the hell are you and where the hell am I?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He winks, his gesture makes you grit your teeth in annoyance.

"Will you tell me where I am, mister?" you try again, keeping your voice calm so he doesn't get the hint that you're fighting the urge pounce on him.

Casually, the man slumps on a stool beside the bed frame, his one leg crossed over the other, making him look more appealing with his perfect poise. His eyes rove around the room almost sarcastically before he turns to send you another playful grin.

This man's demeanor is making your blood boil.

"We're in East Asia," he starts, and you blink your eyes in confusion, "on 35.9074* North Longitude and 126.6534* East Latitude of the globe. Actually... is it 126 or 127?" He thinks to himself, and you gape at him in disbelief.

What in Lord's name had this guy eaten for breakfast?

Maybe a globe.

You shake your head, not sure how to reply—particularly considering you shouldn't even be conversing with this man while your dad's probably worried sick at home.

Jihoon! You scream mentally, wondering in what state of mind your father must be in. Especially after all that he's gone through, you promised you wouldn't get into any trouble.

Yet here you stand, in the middle of god-knows-where with god-knows-who.

"Hello?" the man rings, breaking you from your trance.