thirty ninth

chapter thirty nine.

note: this is before the incident. enjoy :)

You groaned as you were awoken by a loud alarm. You shot your eyes open. It's been ringing for so long and it's coming from Xiumin's laptop in his desk. You tried covering your ears with a pillow but it wouldn't stop.

"XIUMIN!" You called out. "MINSEOK!"

There was no answer. Since you slept at Xiumin's room, left and right guy weren't allowed to guard outside so there was no respond no matter how loud you shout.

You stomped your feet as you walked towards Xiumin's laptop. You squinted your eyes on the impact of the sudden brightness. Suspicion built upon you as you saw your name.

File Name: Yoon Y/N.

"M-Me?" You stuttered. You quickly pressed the 'Open' button and as soon as you did, the alarm stopped. You sighed in relief. "Is this for me?"

Good day!

This message is for Yoon Y/N!
Me and the boys will be picking you up later, wait outside the building!

-Yours,
Kim Minseok.

You tilted your head, something was suspicious. You went outside and went straight at Jaepil's room. Your brows slightly furrowed since the hallways are clear, there are no people.

You knocked at Jaepil's room and it immediately showed her. "I'm not gonna admit I miss you, are you okay?" She asked right away. "Come in."

You shook your head. "I'm just gonna ask if EXO contacted you or something like that."

Jaepil put her hands in her hips. "Why? Are they pranking you?"

"No. I just received a message at Xiumin's laptop and said it was for me. I mean.. it's odd." You sipped your own breath as Jaepil gave you a curious look. "They could've just contacted me instead."

"Yah, how are they gonna contact you? You don't even have your owner phone."

"Oh.. you're right." You scratched your head. "But.. they should've just told their people or even you. And it was encoded there as 'Kim Minseok' and not Xiumin. He don't want me to call him Minseok. Besides, why would he send a message on his own laptop? Ugh!"

Jaepil tapped your head to calm you down. "Don't overthink about it. Xiumin must've think of an easier way to call you out. Besides, they can't contact any of the people now no matter how they own this company," Jaepil sighed. "Everyone was tracking the bomb."

"BOMB?!" Jaepil flinched on your sudden yell. And that explains why there were almost no people in this floor aside from Jaepil. "And how could you be so calm?"

"I mean.. they're already looking for it." Jaepil shrugged. "And it doesn't matter if I explode or not, my life has been boring always."

"Yah! Don't say that! You definitely have a purpose!" You brushed your hair up with your hand. "That must be the reason why EXO sent the message.." You mumbled to yourself as it sink in. "I should go! They must be waiting outside!"

"O-okay?" Jaepil watched you sprint away as she was left again.

You pressed the ground floor repeatedly. It was a good think you wear clothes that can be used outside. You were panting in nervousness. As the elevator doors opened, your eyes widened to see a lot of people scattered in the place. It was never this crowded. And you realized, this is how many people they have.

You quickly shrug off your thoughts as you run towards the entrance. You looked around for a minute but it was too chaotic to even see. You sprinted outside, the guards didn't even notice that you went outside since they were holding a device, probably a tracker.