sixty third

chapter sixty three.

"Channie, at your back!" You hissed, referring to Chanyeol.

Just after saying those words, he swiftly kicked the ninja behind him. He released a happy sigh before stomping his feet like a kid making you have a big question mark in your face.

"What are you doing?" You zoomed the screen to see him smiling wide and happily punching the ninjas around him, as if he's the happiest person in the world. "Uhh.. Chanyeol? Are you still okay?"

"I love the way you called me Channie." His deep voice mumbled on the other line.

Your cheeks flushed red as you stared in the monitor for a few seconds, trying to process what he just said. You heard Suho's voice not too long.

"I heard some flirting but y'all can both save it later." For you, it was a beautiful line. Meaning there's still later together with them. And you know, everything's okay when that time happen, hopefully. "Y/N-ah can you open this lock?"

"Ah.. wait, I will try." You mumbled, hacking the system codes that makes the high tech door locked. After three tries, you succeeded.

The door slowly opened as you heard Suho whispered to himself, "That's my girl."

Your eyes turned into circles when you saw a lot of people running inside. Suho calmly let them pass as you recognize who they are.

You're not believing this but it's happening.

Seventeen has thirteen members, EXO has twelve members, Astro has six members, and the whole NCT has unbelievably a lot of members. Adding up all the trainees EXO has. You felt so small realizing they're all mafia members. You felt so lost.

But then you balled your fist and told yourself, you're part of this.

The guys reminded everyone for you not to hear gunshots since it will always affect your brain.

At first, you felt vulnerable for being scared by the trigger getting pulled but Kris told you it was normal. You recalled you're conversation with him.

"I'll be really weak if I freak out just because of a gunshot." You pouted.

Kris playfully ruffled your hair. "It's okay. I wasn't actually meant to this place. I was afraid of swords and knives back then. Anything that can hurt me or kill me slowly makes me want to hide all day in my room." He smiled. "But I finally overcome it."

"Wait.. you really are scared of hand weapons aside from gun of course?" You looked at him in surprise.

Kris shrugged. "I literally need comfort foods after encountering those weapons but now I don't have to. I finally overcome it." He chuckled. "I was scared of weapons back then but do you know what I'm scared of now?"

"What?"

"Losing you." Kris winked.

[*insert his wink at EXO Showtime while drinking a juice. lol sorry for disturbing the mood*]

You rolled your eyes and playfully punched his arms. "That's lame."

"No, I'm serious about it. I don't want to lose you." You could tell Kris was serious when he looked away awkwardly, not used into showing affection.

You immediately changed the topic for him not to be uncomfortable. "Uh.. well then, if you can overcome it, so can I?"

"It's not easy." Kris turned and held both of your shoulders. "It took me years before I can finally get rid of the fear. One mistake can make my progress back to zero again."