sixty fourth

chapter sixty four.

"Trainee 4, what's happening?" Sehun mumbled through the walkie talkie, glaring around. He was leading the way while Baekhyun was beside you. Vernon's the one aside to guard you at the back.

"There are about ten members of NCT that was injured and couldn't fight. As for Seventeen, they have four members that needs rest." Sehun looked back at Vernon who was waiting for his answer. He raised his four fingers as a sign and that made him slightly look down. "Eunwoo-ssi was tortured but claimed that he can still fight."

"Okay.. but.." Sehun shook the negative thoughts in his mind after hearing the report. "Is there anyone injured in EXO?"

"EXO? Injured?" Your eyes widened, panick rushing over you.

Baekhyun reassuringly caressed your back. "They'll be okay."

"Nothing, sir." Sehun sighed in relief. He turned to pet your head reassuringly.

Vernon could only shrug to himself since he was being slapped by the fact that he is single.

"That's all I have to know, be safe. Take care and.." He awkwardly scratch his ear, not used to say such words. "..make sure trainees are still safe. You're as important as the members."

Baekhyun teasingly smiled at Sehun who ignored him by showing a manly face. Even you found it cute which made you grin.

"Sir.." Sehun quickly cleared his throat.

"Don't reply." He mumbled.

You revealed to Baekhyun that you already opened your father's plan and you have to think of it thoroughly if you shall reveal it that's why Sehun decided to bring you where Lay is.

After a smal interaction with a trainee, Sehun proceeded on guiding you with the two other guys to guard you. You had finally reached another room but almost throw up to see a dead person laying at the door. Sehun calmly jumped between corpse and so did Vernon.

"You enter first Y/N." Baekhyun stated.

You quickly turned to him and shook your head repeatedly. "I.. I cannot.. The dead body is terrifying.."

"You passed the entrance earlier where a lot of them lays, you can do it now." Sehun encouraged.

You awkwardly bit your lip while attempting to jump when you suddenly imagined the body waking up and gripping on your ankle. You jump on the thought of it and weakly turned to Baekhyun.

"I really can't."

"Just imagine it as someone who is sleeping." Vernon suggested.

"I guess.. I can do it." You gulped thickly, attempting twice.

You were just about to land your feet when another ninja stumbled to you and Baekhyun's direction.

Baekhyun's protective mode turned on and quickly knocked out the person. It fell right at the top of the corpse you're struggling to pass by. You flinched when it made a crunching sound.

Vernon could only chuckle. "Now imagine that they are newlyweds that are first time sleeping together."

Sehun was about to laugh but seeing your horrified expression, he quickly shook off the smile on his face. He glared at Vernon who just gave him an innocent look. "You're not helping the situation."

"You all are stupid." You all turned to hear Lay's voice. He quickly moved the two dead bodies away before looking at his the guys with a scowl. "Come in, Y/N."

"I have to move to floor fifteen." Vernon suddenly announced. "Woozi needs help."

"Take care." Baekhyun mumbled, letting the serious Vernon pass by.