chapter one

ZOOMING through the forest roads of Ravenhill was the two Angel cousins and their vampire friend, the music blaring from the car stereo. Christopher was driving with Joel in the passenger seat next to him and Zabdiel in the back.

They stopped in front of a cabin in the woods and their other two friends came out. Joel hopped into the backseat with Zabdiel while Richard took his place in the front next to Christopher, and Erick joining the other two in the back.

They drove around, right when they passed by the Sapphire Lake. "Stop here!" Erick told Christopher, patting his shoulder and he parked the car. All of five of them hopped out of the car and onto the dock.

Before any of them could hop in something caught Joel's eye, well someone. The only thing in sight was her blonde hair as she resurfaced, running her wet hair back as she got water out of her face.

She turned around and Joel caught her light brown eyes. "Iris," he muttered softly. The girl smiled innocently before swimming to the dock, where the boys are.

She climbed onto the dock, in only her undergarments. "Have fun," she said as she walked away, swaying her hips in the process, purposely teasing the boys.

"Don't stare or want something you can't have," Erick said as he took his shirt and pants off before jumping into the lake. "Stupid venom," Richard sighed and followed Erick's steps into the lake.

Joel was the only one left on the dock, contemplating whether he should jump or go after the girl. But then he decided against it and joined his friends instead.

✾✾✾

Students started flooding through the hallways of Ravenhill High. The bell had rang so everyone was rushing for their classes. Joel, Christopher and Zabdiel were already sitting in their places in class. Early for once. For being Angels, they were quite devilish at times.

Iris was sat at her usual corner, Ileana next to her. People were mostly afraid of them, considering she's a half-breed and also the fact Ileana is pure demon. Rebeka and Ariana were sat in front of the two girls. Those two weren't so feared, but people knew not to get on the wrong side of them.

"Good morning, class," an unfamiliar man walked through the class door and stood in front of the teacher's desk. "Where's Professor Aguilar?" Joel asked, straight to the point. "Well she's not here. She won't be for the rest of the year and that's why I'm here. I am Jose Andres, you can call me Mr. Andres and I am your substitute," the man introduced himself.

"Cocky," Rebeka muttered while chewing her gum. "Okay but he's hot," Ileana whispered causing Ariana and Rebeka to laugh while Iris chuckled. "You're not boutta go down that lane," Iris nudged the girl who sighed.

Richard walked in, not even knocking and heading straight to his seat, next to Joel. "What's with the shades?" Christopher asked the boy behind him. "None of your business," Richard spat and Christopher raised his two hands in surrender. "I suppose you being late is none of my business as well," Jose said and Richard rolled his eyes, not that it's visible.

"So, I wanna know what we have in this class," Jose started and Joel raised his hand. "Yes, Mr-" Jose asked for his last name. "Pimentel," Joel responded and he nodded for the boy to continue. "Carry on," he said to the boy who smirked. "We have a venom," he said and Iris scoffed.

"We have an angel who clearly doesn't know how hell feels like but he seems to be dying to head there," Iris fought back. "At least my parents knew who to fuck and who to not," Joel retorted. "Well that's nothing I can control. I hope you can though considering the player you are. Let's not add a venom in your bloodline," the blonde spat.

"Okay, let's breathe," Ariana called out. "So you're the Iris Morales?" Jose asked. "In the flesh," Iris responded. "Tell me how does this venom thing work in your life. I never quite understood it," he said as he pulled the chair to the front of the teacher's desk and sat with it's back facing everyone as he leaned forward.

"Let's just say if I fuck around too much, I die. 5 kisses and boom! Game over," she said, emphasising 'game over'. "So that's why she's always grumpy. She never got laid," Joel stated and Iris smiled, sarcastically but a smirk replaced that. She channeled her powers through her eyes and squinted lightly before Joel groaned in pain.

Ariana turned around and gave the blonde a look. She sighed and stopped the pain. After other methods Jose used to get to know the class, the bell rang, signalling it was break. They have an hour until the next class, so Iris, Ileana, Ariana and Rebeka headed to the cafeteria.

Most of the times they'd just sit there and talk since they don't really eat during break. But this time they had guests over. "Hola hola," Zabdiel greeted as he and his friends plopped by the girls' table. Joel squeezed in between Iris and Ileana as he threw his arm around Iris' shoulders.

"How has your day been?" Christopher asked the girls while he was sat next to Rebeka. "Basic," Ileana responded plainly. "Lea," Richard called as he jogged to the girls. "It's time," he said and the girl groaned. "Time for what?" Zabdiel asked. "To pay hell a visit," the girl responded and bid her goodbyes to the girls as she left with Richard.

Joel leaned closer to Iris and decided to break the news. "There's a party at The Adonis tonight. You girls should come," he said. "Right, forgot you were those type of angels," Ariana rolled her eyes. "Just come, it'll be fun," Zabdiel said again and the girls exchanged glances.

"Be there by 8," Christopher said as he and Zabdiel stood up. The two walked away first and Joel got up standing behind Iris. "See you there," he whispered, his warm breath hitting her neck as he planted a quick kiss on her cheek before walking away.

"Did he just-" Rebeka questioned, surprised from Joel's actions. "Boy got some balls," Ariana chuckled. Iris simply kept quiet. No matter what she wasn't going to fall under his trap. She's not gonna risk her 5 kisses like that.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

hehe first chapter how we feeling?

who do we ship right now? i see joel flirting aye 👀

so i hope you guys are likin it right now, this book is takin a lot of time and effort lol whew 🥴

so uh yeah have fun lol bye keep voting if ya like it :D