chapter eleven

"YOU'RE Sebastian? And I'm supposed to believe that?" Richard scoffed. "If you don't believe me, look," Sebastian sighed and stood up.

He backed away from Richard a little, before slowly channelling his powers. A bright blue light shined from his eyes and everything around them stopped moving.

It's like time stopped. Even the little raindrops outside stopped moving, and Richard's jaw dropped. "How do you do that?" he asked the guy.

Sebastian flicked a switch inside and his eyes turned back to it's natural colour as everything went back to normal. "I'm a Chosen One," he responded.

"But why'd you run away from the haven, or whatever they call that place. Everyone's looking for you," Richard pointed out.

"I know, but I have a reason for running away. And I also have a reason on why I brought you here," Sebastian told him. "Oh yeah? What's that?" Richard scoffed.

"I need your blood," Sebastian blurted and Richard look at him, dumbfounded. "Come again?" he said.

"I need your blood. It's the only way to save myself," the man shrugged. Richard chuckled. "Right so I'm supposed to just give you my blood in a mug, haha smart," he rolled his eyes.

"Three drops, that's all I need," Sebastian told him. "What did you mean by saving yourself?" Richard questioned him.

"The haven only wants me for my powers. I grew up there watching so many people like me get manipulated into using their powers for the haven's needs. They want to destroy the council," Sebastian explained.

"So you're saying they wanna take over Ravenhill?" Richard asked and he nodded. Richard opened his mouth to say something before he heard some weird whispers and sighed. "They're tracking me," he said.

"They're your friends. How do we handle them?" Sebastian asked. "Let me go back and talk to them," Richard said.

✾✾✾

"You wanted to meet after school, it's almost midnight. You wanna talk about it?" Joel asked as he walked next to Iris. They just left Erick's secret hideout and were heading home.

"I need your help," she admitted. "With what?" he asked. "My wings," she responded. "You wanna learn how to use them?" he asked again and the girl nodded.

"I can help now if you want, if not we can meet up tomorrow," Joel suggested. Iris looked at her watch. 11.54 pm. "I have time," she shrugged.

"Let's go," he gestured and led her to an open space by the lake. "You ready?" he asked and she nodded. Iris took her jacket off and set it aside as Joel did the same with his.

"Relax your body, every part. Your muscles, your limbs, most importantly your back," he started to tell her. "Then you just clear your mind, and set it free," he said before closing his eyes briefly and taking a deep breath, his wings spreading free his back.

"You make it seem so easy," Iris chuckled looking up at the sky. "Just relax. Think about calming things and deep breaths," Joel told her. She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes.

She let every thought that was bothering her slip her mind as she felt herself relax. Joel couldn't help but admire her features as she stood there peacefully. Minutes flew by and Iris gave up.

"It's not working," she huffed. "It takes time. You need to really connect to your soul and it'll set itself free," he reasoned. "Just try again. Here, hold my hand," he added before standing in front of her and taking her two hands into his.

"What are you doing?" she asked, confused. "Just do the same thing you did earlier," he shrugged, closing his eyes.

Iris sighed, but complied. After a few minutes, she felt a sudden force through her back before she looked behind her.

"There we are," Joel smiled. Iris admired her wings, they were black, considering she's got a demon father, but to her they were beautiful.

"Now let them fly," he told her and she turned to look at him. "Fly?" she asked and he nodded, smiling. "It's okay, hold onto me for balance," he reassured her and she exhaled shakily.

"I got you," he whispered before he flew up a few inches from the ground, holding Iris' arms. Her wings started flapping as her feet left the ground. She was wobbly, nearly fell to the ground but as Joel said, he got her.

He guided her as they flew on a low level since Iris needed to get used to her wings.

The two landed on their feet, all smiles. "Thank you," she said to him. "No problem," he smiled.

Iris put her jacket on, thankfully she had it because she had holes in her shirt. Joel walked her all the way home. The two were having so much fun flying together, they didn't realize it was almost sunrise.

"See you at school," Joel said and she nodded, heading into her home.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

double update coz i feel nice and school starts in a bit so yeah

i'm tryna get as much written as possible so i'm sorry if i dont read y'all's updates :/

anyways i actually like this chapter ngl, we see iris is warming up to joel 👀

and we also know the reason sebastian took richard 👀

what we thinkin?