chapter thirty

RICHARD and Zabdiel approached a house not too far away from the Morales'. They stopped in the frontyard since the inhabitants were already aware of their presence.

"What is it?" Jonah asked as he and the other boys stood in front of the two. "We need help. We'll explain but we need to be on the same page," Richard told them.

"Are you in or no?" Zabdiel asked. The five boys exchanged glances. "Come inside, let's talk," Daniel said, nodding at them.

Meanwhile at the Morales', Jade had used a spell to put Liviana to sleep, somewhat like a medically induced coma but- the magic kind. Her venom stopped flowing out, and they'll only wake her up once she finds the cure.

"Is there even a way to heal her?" Christopher asked. "If we could heal your wings, we should be able to heal her too," Rebeka concluded.

"But this is venom, it's different. We don't even know how much time she has left," Jade told them.

"Maybe if we know what Susana used, then we can reverse it or something," Ariana suggested. "Can that be done though?" Erick asked.

"C'mon we need to try, even if it doesn't work at least we tried," Ileana sighed. "True," Jade nodded.

Iris was silent. She stood staring out of the window, waiting for Richard and Zabdiel. The two were supposed to come with the rest of the boys.

"Let's wait outside," Joel whispered to Iris, as he put his hands on her shoulder. She turned around to look at him, and checked her sister for a bit. Then the two headed outside.

"What if we lose her?" Iris asked once they were alone outside, her voice barely above a whisper. "We won't. She'll be fine," Joel said comfortingly. He saw how upset she was, and that made him upset.

"Come here," he said, pulling her into his arms. Iris rested her head onto his chest, her eyes shut as she focused on his steady heartbeat. Somehow that calmed her down.

She's been feeling more at home in his arms than she ever felt in any place her whole life.

Richard and Zabdiel led the five boys to the Morales'. "Awh, cute," Zabdiel smiled when he saw the couple outside. Iris and Joel noticed their presence and pulled away.

Joel kept his hand on her lower back as the others approached them.

"Hey," he greeted them and choruses of 'hey's were heard.

"We told them everything," Richard said.

"And we agreed," Corbyn said. "We're with you," Daniel added.

Then Iris' eyes laid on Zach. "You too? Isn't Susana your best friend or something?" she asked.

"She is. But this is all wrong. I'm with you," Zach said to her and she nodded.

"Welcome to the crew," Joel said to them.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

so the "demented"s are joining the descendants... dream team in my opinion, idk bout u guys

what do we think? also the cute joel and iris moment 🥺

i'm tryna get my pre-writing game back on track so if i'm slow with the updates i'm sorry lol

also sorry if this was wack lol