chapter sixteen

SEBASTIAN was back in his cabin. For some reason all he could think about was Ileana. All the times they had together, for a while he had forgotten them and let go, but seeing her again brought everything back.

He laid down on his couch, head on his arm. As much as he wanted her back, he knew she wasn't for him anymore. The only thing he could do was let her go.

✾✾✾

The teens were currently in study hall. Joel was sat right next to Iris, who was actually focused in her books.

"How's your wings?" he whispered, leaning slightly closer. "They're okay," she shrugged, flipping through the pages of her book.

"Let's get outta here," he suggested. She looked up from her book, finally meeting his face. "What?" she questioned.

"Let's get outta here," he repeated. "Just come with me," he said again. He stood up slowly, Iris watching his move. Joel grabbed her arm and pulled her with him, leaving the library.

"And where are those two heading?" Ariana asked, her voice low in a whisper. "Who knows," Richard shrugged.

"Probably on a date or something," Rebeka guessed and the group chuckled. "We all know Joel has the hots for her, I mean, have you seen how he looks at her?" Erick stated.

"He's been eating her up with his eyes," Christopher added. "But her venom, he can't do that right now," Liviana pointed out.

"If he does something I will actually kill him," she said again.

"Trust me, if it's anyone that knows better it's Joel. Well for now," Zabdiel told her.

"Where are we going?" Iris as Joel led her through the hallways. "Out of here," he shrugged, sliding his hand down from her elbow to slipping his hand into hers.

"I was expecting to leave the library, not school grounds," she said to him. "Well, we're heading somewhere else, off school grounds," he winked at her and the two slipped through the school gates.

✾✾✾

The students were now in their next class, with Jose. He looked to Iris' usual seat, then to Joel's.

"Where's Joel and Iris?" he asked. "Emergency. They had an emergency," Zabdiel quickly covered for them. Joel had filled him in earlier and he's doing his part.

"Together?" Jose asked again, confused. "Looks like it," Jade shrugged, slumping back into her seat.

Jose sighed. He took their attendances and continued with his class.

Meanwhile, Joel and Iris were by the lake, sitting on the dock with their feet dipped in the water.

"Why'd you take me here?" the blonde asked him. He shrugged. "I guess I just wanted to be alone with you," he responded, turning to look at her.

She let out a soft chuckle, looking down. "You know, I never really had anyone that's genuinely kind to me, other than the girls that is," she let out.

"Well now you do. I'm here," he said to her. Iris turned and met his eyes as he shot her a soft smile. "I'm always here, for you, whenever you need me," he said again.

They sat like that, staring at each comfortably. They both felt at peace next to each other, they both felt vulnerable.

Their faces were inches apart, and if it were anyone else they would've already kissed. But this was different.

Iris turned away and stared off into the lake. Joel let out a soft sigh. He looked down to his two feet as they moved around in the water.

This was going to be hard for both of them, but he was willing to try.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

short update but it's an update :D

i feel bad for not updating y'all sorryyyy

workin on some new stuff like a new book ;) the trailer is posted on my ig story (joelcookies on ig) and if it's not there anymore check the highlights part for wattpad ✌

okay imma leave now bubye keep votin