chapter forty

"IT'S because you're pregnant. You got those powers from your kid," Christina explained.

They were all at the demented's and Jade and Jonah explained what happened. "And that would mean your kid is the most powerful tribrid around here," she added.

"That explains how quick your pregnancy is growing," Joel pointed out. "Okay so that would mean you guys are in more danger," Corbyn pointed out as well.

"So what can we do to protect them?" Jack asked. "Let's just keep our guards up. Jade should never be out alone," Iris said.

"I mean, it's the most we can do for now," Liviana added and they all agreed.

✾✾✾

"Just sit and let us handle everything," Joel chuckled at his pregnant sister. "Do you not trust me with your kitchen?" Iris questioned the girl.

Joel and Iris were staying with Jade that night, and the blonde was trying to make dinner but Jade kept wanting to help.

"But I wanna help," Jade whined. "I can handle this," the blonde said from the kitchen. "I won't burn down your kitchen," she said again, chuckling.

Jade gave in as she simply watched the couple prepare dinner for the three of them.

After about half an hour, they were done. "It's just macaronis, something simple tonight," Iris said as put the pot of macaronis in the middle of the table.

"Looks good though," Jade complimented as she put some onto her plate. The brunette dug in almost immediately as Iris rested her chin on her hand, waiting for a reaction.

"Okay but this is actually good," Jade said after she chewed and the blonde smiled, clapping.

✾✾✾

"The wedding is in two weeks Christopher, exactly a week after you graduate. You should stop messing around and actually prepare to be a husband," his mother told him strictly.

"Not like I have a choice," he muttered as he stared out the window. "Pardon?" his mother asked and the boy shook his head.

"Trust me, you'll thank me someday," she said. "For what? For forcing me to marry someone I have absolutely no feelings for?" the boy questioned.

"I don't want a witch in our bloodline, they can be friends, but not family. We're angels, they're not at our level," she spat.

"If we're angels then shouldn't we be treating people kindly? Shouldn't we be open to other people? Yes, she's a witch, but she's a good witch. She practically saved my life when she helped cured my wings. I'll never forget that," Christopher fought back.

Just as he was about to leave the living room to head to his room, he stopped and turned back to his mother.

"I'll marry Lucy, but my heart will always be with Rebeka. You might not even get any grandchildren cause I refuse to even touch my best friend although she'll be my wife. Remember that," he said firmly and walked away.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

i'm back on this book! kinda.. been tryna squeeze my brain for this book lmaooo it ain't all that easy