chapter thirty seven

CHRISTOPHER sighed. He hasn't been to school for the past three days, and today he didn't have a choice. He sat in the lounge on his own for lunch while the others all went to the cafeteria.

Rebeka who happened to pass by, saw him there. She went to sit next to him, and that snapped him back to reality.

"Are you gonna keep ignoring me?" she asked. "I don't love her Rebe. And I can't do anything right now," he said softly.

"Lucy's a nice girl, maybe you can learn to love her," she suggested. "She's pretty, she's kind, she's caring, she's got pretty much everything," she said again.

"But she's not you," Christopher blurted. "I don't wanna live with someone who can't understand me. Okay yeah, she's nice, but I don't want her. I wanna wake up everyday next to someone I love. That's clearly not her," he said.

"For fucks sake Rebe, I love you. It's always been you from the goddamn start," he confessed. "Chris," she sighed, looking up at him.

 "Chris," she sighed, looking up at him

"Do you feel the same way?" he asked. She sighed. "Yes or no?" he insisted. She swallowed hardly and covered the truth.

"No." she said. "You're my friend Chris, that's all. And as your friend I'm telling you to do what's best for you," she said again.

Christopher exhaled deeply. She doesn't feel the same way apparently, so why would she be affected?

"I'll marry her," he decided. Rebeka sat stunned. "You- What?" she questioned.

"I'll marry her," he repeated. He then excused himself to the cafeteria as Rebeka sat there, stunned and hurt.

Christopher huffed as he made his way to his group of friends. "Aye there he is," Richard cheered when he saw him.

"What's up?" Ariana asked. "I'm getting married," Christopher said like it was nothing.

Joel choked on his fries, Erick dropped his burger back onto the plate, Zabdiel's jaw dropped about five feet, Ileana and Ariana froze, Richard nearly spat his soda all over the place, the Demented's had their eyes wide in shock and Iris choked on air.

When no one said anything, he repeated; "I'm getting married."

"To who?" Corbyn asked. "Lucy, Lucy Rayne," he responded. "Are you sure about this?" Ariana asked him.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Christopher asked back, shrugging. "Chris, this is big. Marriage isn't just a small agreement, it's for the rest of your life," Iris said to him.

"Do you love her?" Jack asked. "Well yeah," Christopher shrugged. "Are you in love with her?" he asked again and Christopher fell silent.

"How are you supposed to marry someone you're not in love with?" Liviana asked. "Whatever it is, the wedding's happening. Not like I have a choice," he muttered.

"What do you mean you don't have a choice?" Zabdiel asked. "It's you that's getting married, how do you not have a choice?" Ileana asked again.

"My parents don't like Rebe. Well they're alright with her but they don't like what we got goin on," Christopher explained truthfully.

"So you're sacrificing your feelings for what your parents want?" Erick asked and the boy shrugged. "Listen, it's your life. You have a right on choosing your path," Richard told his friend.

"I didn't come here to hear what you guys think okay?" Christopher chuckled. "This wedding isn't affecting anyone, it's only me and Lucy getting tied together for the rest of our lives," he said.

"And it's gonna happen," he added. "Now, I'm just gonna go straight to the gym since we only got 5 minutes anyways," he said and left.

Rebeka heard it all as she leaned on the wall, somewhere they couldn't see her. A small tear slipped her eye.

She's actually on her own now.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

pls why am i hurting myself with all this

but i love doin it anyways 😌

okay so, don't worry you'll see lucy in the next chapter but do we think rebe will tell him how she actually feels? 👀

also, which one of the couples do u want more moments of?