chapter twenty one

COLD air blew onto Rebeka's skin as she stood in front of her aunt's door. Jade had told her that it was better to have someone help her, and her aunt was all she had.

"Rebe, hi," her Aunt Lucia greeted her and welcomed her in. "I have something I need to tell you, and I'm gonna need your help," Rebeka told her aunt after the two settled in the living room.

"Okay, tell me," her aunt nodded.

"So I have a friend, Chris, and he's an angel. But someone spelled him and if we don't help him he might lose his wings for good," she told her aunt.

"The rupture spell?" her aunt asked and the girl nodded. "You know what that could've done to you if you would've done it alone?" the lady pointed out and again, the girl nodded.

"Thankfully you came to me, at least when we do it together it'll cause a little less damage," Lucia said. "But remember, you can't use your powers for 72 hours after we cure him or you'll lose them for good," she said again.

"I know. We'll need to do it tonight, in the woods," Rebeka said and her aunt agreed.

✾✾✾

Rebeka led her aunt to the spot she's supposed to meet up with Christopher and Jade. They arrived there and met up with the two, Jade explaining the process all over again to Christopher.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Christopher whispered to Rebeka. She looked up at him, seeing the worry in his eyes. "I'm positive," she nodded.

"Just trust me," she said again before walking to stand next to her aunt in front of Christopher.

"Are you ready?" Jade asked the three and they all nodded. "Here goes nothing," she sighed softly, putting her hand on the cover of the Book of Shadows.

She chanted a spell as Rebeka and her aunt held hands. The two closed their eyes and started chanting a spell as well.

The cold wind swirled around the four of them in the small circle as Christopher felt his back arched slightly, feeling his wings starting to push out of his back.

Rebeka felt a slight pain as she chanelled her powers, and so did her aunt. But compared to her niece, Lucia chanelled more of her powers to carry out the spell, which meant she'd suffer more.

Christopher let out a groan as his wings pushed through and freed themselves. They were strong and in one piece, just like they usually were.

They ended the spell and Lucia and Rebeka fell to their knees. Lucia fell straight unconscious, while Rebeka felt weak. Jade and Christopher rushed to the two.

He helped Rebeka up slightly as Jade checked on Lucia. "She's out cold," she told the two. "Let's take her back home," Rebeka said weakly.

Christopher helped carry Lucia while Rebeka held onto Jade for support, and they made their way to Lucia's house.

✾✾✾

"Thank you, for all of that," Christopher let out as he sat by Lucia's bed, opposite of Rebeka. "You both risked your life for me," he said again.

"If Rebe comes to me for help for someone, it definitely means something," Lucia let out weakly, her voice barely above a whisper.

The poor lady was laid on the bed, barely feeling her body. "Aunna, just rest," Rebeka told her and the lady nodded.

"We should go and let her sleep," she said to Jade and Christopher who nodded and the two left the room.

"Rebe, I need you to keep something," her aunt said. "The second drawer of the nightstand," she said again and Rebeka went to open it.

She took out a small box and held it in front of her aunt. Opening it, she bit her lower lip to stop the tears from dropping.

"Keep it," her aunt whispered. Rebeka looked at her aunt in despair.

It was their family heirloom. A silver necklace with a blue crystal. It's passed down from one witch of the Mosley bloodline to another, usually when the previous owner is dying or already dead.

The girl laid her head on her aunt's stomach as she wrapped her arms around her. The tears escaped her eyes but she quickly controlled herself, knowing Lucia wouldn't want to see her in that state.

"She doesn't have much time," Jade said softly as she was sat in the living room with Christopher. "And it's my fault," Christopher let out.

"It's not," Rebeka said as she entered the living room, sitting on the couch next to Christopher, leaving a wide space between them.

Her hands fell free in between her thighs as she gripped tightly onto the necklace. "She was all I had," the girl said, her voice quavering as she looked down with her eyes shut and the tears fell free.

Christopher went next to her by instinct, his arms instantly wrapping around her as she cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry," he said to her softly, kissing the top of her head.

After a few minutes, she collected herself again and pulled away from his arms. Staring down at the necklace in her hands, she clenched her jaw.

"Whoever did this, killed her. And I'm gonna kill them," she said.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

whew this was, sumthin

aunt lucia just came in and left in one chapter😔😔😔

revenge ay?

i'm sorry for the late update, i got busy lol

also, picture of the necklace is up abovee