chapter thirty nine

THE girls; Iris, Ileana, Ariana, Jade and Liviana were currently at Rebeka's place. The girl skipped a whole week of school, and now they're trying to talk to her.

"What's this about? All that fuss about being okay with Chris' engagement only for you to act up like this, what's going on?" Ileana asked.

"I'm not acting up," Rebeka chuckled. "Oh really? Explain your absence for the whole week," Liviana stated.

"I'm just not feeling good, that's it," the girl shrugged. "Not feeling good physically or emotionally?" Iris asked. "Girl if it's bothering you, talk to him," the blonde said again.

"Oh yeah, then the whole wedding is cancelled. As if I have feelings for the boy anyways," Rebeka scoffed, masking it all up.

"Honey, tell me when was the last time you fell in love?" Jade asked the girl. "I don't fall for anyone Jade," Rebeka stated plainly.

"Well in my point of view you're in love with Christopher Velez," Jade stated. "Right sure," Rebeka scoffed.

"Oh you are. I see how your eyes light up when you see him, I see how your smile's brighter around him and you laugh a lot more with him. Hun, you're whipped," Ariana said.

"But you're scared. For whatever reason, you're scared," Ileana said as well. "You're scared to admit you love him," she said again.

"You're actually in love this time and you're scared of it. You're scared of being in love and being loved, it's philophobia," Iris said.

"And if you don't confront it you'll never get to experience what it's like to love someone and to be loved," Jade told her.

"Girl, just please. Before you lose him, do something. You don't know how powerful love is," Ileana said to her.

Rebeka sat shut. There were way too many things in her head, and she for sure will need more time to digest this.

✾✾✾

Jade and Jonah went on a walk. Apparently she needed air, and lately he's been glued to her like a koala.

"You sure you okay?" he asked when he noticed how silent the girl was. "Yeah," she shrugged, hugging herself.

She slowly rubbed her arms, clearly shivering. Jonah chuckled softly, taking off his leather jacket and throwing it around her.

"Stop letting yourself get cold, you're not only taking care of you, you're taking care of a baby too," he reminded and the girl simply nodded, gripping tightly onto the jacket.

Just then there was a sudden zap in front of the two. Jonah grabbed Jade by the waist, pulling her closer as he scanned their surroundings.

"I'm here," a voice said from behind them and the two spun around.

Sebastian.

"Why are you here?" Jonah asked. "Well, you see, I have something I need to do. And I need the Charmed One," he simply smiled innocently at Jade.

"For what?" she questioned. "To end the Rosewood bloodline," he shrugged.

"Oh hell nah," Jonah grunted, about to pounce on him but Jade held him back. "You're that insecure about your powers that you need to end me?" she questioned.

"Right, or maybe you're the one that's simply too annoying that I need to end you," Sebastian said like it was nothing.

"Try me," she said as she squared up. Sebastian chuckled. "You're nothing for me," he stated, chanelling his powers.

"Don't do this," Jonah whispered to her. "I can," she shrugged and told him to step aside.

Her eyes glowed a bright yellow as her head snapped up to the sky and time suddenly stopped. She looked back at Sebastian as he looked shocked.

That was more than what a Charmed One was supposed to be capable of.

She raised her hand and used her powers to grip onto his heart tightly. He screamed in pain as he dropped down to his knees.

He couldn't fight back. He was nothing compared to her.

Although she could, she didn't kill him. She let simply flung him across to a tree as he fell unconscious.

Her eyes went back to normal as she realised what she did. "Did you kill him?" Jonah asked as he went next to her. "No," she shook her head and looked down at her hands in shock.

"I could never do that. How did I-" her sentence faded as she tried to connect the dots.

"Let's just get to the others," he said and the girl nodded as he brought her back to the demented's place.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

"intense"