chapter eighteen

JADE dropped the Book of Shadows in front of Christopher and Rebeka. It was the next day, and they were trying to find a way to help Christopher with his wings.

"Okay but what actually happened?" Rebeka asked.

"I don't know who did it, but someone did something. It was a spell, one that'll start destroying the bones in his wings slowly and in the end every part of his wings will be dust. Thankfully he came to me early, we can still do something but it'll be a lot," Jade explained.

"A lot how?" Christopher asked. Jade let out a sigh as she flipped through the book and landed on a page.

She showed it to them. "Okay explain please, I don't understand witch things," the boy huffed.

"It's a spell to help fix your wings, basically," Rebeka told him as she read through the page. "But only you can do it," Jade pointed out, looking at Rebeka who was still looking at the page.

Christopher furrowed his eyebrows as he looked between the girls. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"Only a witch from Octovia Atwater's bloodline can. She married into the Mosleys' and well, that's Rebe's family. So only she can do it," Jade elaborated.

"But it can also take a toll on her-" she started to say but Rebeka cut her off. "I can do it, it's simple," she simply said.

"If it can take a toll on you I don't think it's simple," Christopher shook his head. "I'm doing it Chris, you can't tell me otherwise," the girl protested.

"So we have to wait for the full moon, that's this weekend," Rebeka said again and Jade nodded.

Christopher was worried, but he kept quiet. He knew Rebeka too well and if she said she'll do it, she'll do it. No matter what it takes.

✾✾✾

"Did you do it?" Jose asked his sister. "Do what?" Susana asked as she played with her hair. "Are you the one who's trying to destroy Christopher's wings?" he asked again, his voice loud and clear this time.

"Why is it when something bad happens it's always me? It could be that Chosen One for all we know," the girl scoffed.

"How'd you even know anyways?" she asked again. "I've been keeping tabs on the kids. I used a spell so I can know what they're doing, not all the time that is," he admitted.

"So if they're hooking up..." Susana trailed. "I'd switch it off, of course," he rolled his eyes.

"Are they still tryna find Sebastian?" she asked. "They found him. Apparently they're helping him," he shrugged.

"And about the whole exposing the group slowly thing?" Susana asked again. "I sent the note, anonymously," he said.

"Just like we planned," he smirked, and so did his sister.

✾✾✾

Erick walked through the woods and went into his secret hideout. Or not so secret since his friends knew about it. He went into the basement and lit it up.

He quickly pulled a chair and sat on the table, a bunch of books in front of him as he pulled a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

Unfolding it, he read it again. It was handwritten, all in thick black ink.

joel and jade have a big secret...

He sighed.

What secret? What were his two friends hiding?

But most importantly, who found out?

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

this don't seem to make sense but idk man it'll make sense soon

but what are their secrets? why is susana and jose tryna expose them? what even is there to expose? 👀 don't be shy, i wanna see what's on your minds 😈

but okay yeah here ya go imma continue what i was doing lol

i didn't proofread so ignore mistakes