chapter twenty four

THE next day, Joel was with the boys by their lockers, when Ileana rolled by. "You bitch!" she exclaimed, pushing through Zabdiel and Richard to point at Joel.

"What?" he asked, confused. "You somehow manage to get through Iris' barrier, but you completely blew it," she spat.

Joel furrowed his eyebrows, trying to keep his cool when really, he's worried. "What do you mean?" he asked again. "Jade's pregnant," Ileana stated.

"Holy- is it Joel's?" Christopher asked. "Seems like it," the girl scoffed, folding her arms across her chest. "Guys, no! It's not mine. She is pregnant, but it's not mine," Joel said quickly, defending himself.

"Then who's is it? Stop bluffing it's yours isn't it?" Ileana said again. "It's not his," Jade's voice was heard behind them and they all turned to her.

"Joel's my brother, why the fuck would I be with him?" she said again and the boys along with Ileana, were taken aback. "Brother?" Erick asked, confused.

"We'll explain later so there's more time," Jade said and left.

Iris walked into the school after lunch, hands fiddling with her phone but when she looked up and saw Joel with some friends, she turned the other way.

Joel saw her and immediately left his friends to catch up with her. "Iris!" he called out as he ran after her.

"Iris, wait," he called as he managed to grab her arm but she yanked it away. "What?" she questioned, not even looking at him.

"What's wrong? We were just fine yesterday morning," he asked at her as he looked at her face and there was nothing. No emotions, just plain.

"Iris talk to me," he pleaded, getting a hold onto her hands. "Just leave me alone," she sighed, pulling her hands away.

"No. If this is about Jade-" he started to say but she cut him off. "Yeah. It is about Jade. It's your baby isn't it? Well I wish you all the best with it," she stated, finally looking into his eyes before quickly looking away.

He sighed, as he inched closer to her.

"It's not. I'm just helping her," he stated calmly, knowing he had her locked there and she couldn't get away. "She's my sister," he said again.

She looked up at him, eyebrows furrowed. "How?" she questioned. "She's a Charmed one. That's because she's got some angelic grace, from my dad. We share the same father," he explained.

"And you didn't bother telling me this earlier? Why? Did you not trust me enough?" she asked. "I'm sorry. I do, we just wanted to find the father of the baby first. But now I realized I definitely should've told you sooner, and we could've avoided all of this," he told her.

Grabbing her hands, he continued; "And I wouldn't have hurt you," he said sadly, looking into her eyes.

She cupped his face and smiled softly. "At least I know now," she said to him. "You owe the others an explanation though," she chuckled and he shrugged.

"I can do that later. Just for you, please; if there's anything wrong just come talk to me. Don't avoid me like that, I missed you," he pouted.

She smiled, leaning her head onto his chest as he wrapped his arms tightly around her. "I love you, but we have class," she said and the two then made their way to the class.

✾✾✾

"Okay so, we have a new student today," Jose told them as he put his books down onto his table. Then a blonde guy entered the classroom.

"Hi," he greeted the class and Jose nodded for him to head to his seat. "Okay so this is Corbyn Besson, another one of Richard and Ileana," Jose said. "Demon?" Ariana asked and he nodded.

"Damn," Zabdiel muttered. "They do say I look more like an angel," Corbyn shrugged as he took an empty seat in the row next to Joel and Iris.

"So let's get back to our lesson," Jose called and started teaching. Corbyn, who was sort of next to Iris, for some reason kept stealing glances. Joel noticed, so he put his arm around the girl, pulling her a little closer.

An hour later, class ended and they all packed their bags and called it a day.

Iris caught Corbyn's gaze and he gave her a warm smile, which she kindly returned with a soft smile.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

CORB0NEEEEEEEE

so uh idk wtf this chap was but yeah okay my boi corbs has entered the book hehehehehheheheheh

joel and iris are okay again ... well i mean- yeah

aight so before i keep spilling, imma just leave bubye

keep voting, love y'all <3