chapter forty three

"CAUSE I was waiting for you," he said, catching her off guard.

"I was waiting for you to stop me. But I never got it," he said softly. "You don't feel the same way, it's fine I get it. But I'm still never gonna marry her," he said again.

Rebeka stood there, taken aback.

"But I do," she murmured.

Christopher snapped his head towards her. He heard her, but her voice was low and indistinct that he needed to hear it again to be sure.

"What?" he asked, softly.

She let out a soft sigh. "I'm in love with you. I mean yeah I hated your ass at first," she started and he chuckled. "But I fell for you. And I'm not stopping," she said softly, looking straight into his eyes.

"It took me running away from the altar for you to admit you love me," he said and the girl laughed.

"I'm sorry. My pride got the best of me," she said.

"Better late than never," he shrugged, staring at her.

The girl looked back up, meeting his eyes. His eyes travelled from her eyes, down to her lips and then back up.

He leaned slowly, and so did she. Without hesitation, she closed the gap between them with a soft passionate kiss.

"About bloody time," Erick said softly as he and the rest of the boys watched from afar. "Let's hope they don't make babies here or we'll have to run," Richard said.

"We shouldn't even be watching them right now but oh well," Joel chipped in with a shrug.

"Hold on- what about Lucy?" Zabdiel asked and the boys all exchanged glances.

Back in the town hall, the guests had left excluding the teens and Lucy with her family along with Christopher's parents.

"He just left like that? Is he aware how much embarrassment he caused my family?!" Lucy's father exclaimed.

"Shouldn't have held the wedding in the first place," Lucy muttered. The girl was sat down in the empty row at the front while the parents were arguing.

"Pardon me?" her mother questioned.

"I said, you shouldn't have held the wedding in the first place. Save everyone from shame. Or maybe, married me off to the love of my life instead," the brunette spat.

"I- if you didn't want to marry him you could've told us," her father said and she chuckled. "Right, as if you ever listen to me," she spat.

"You know for a fact I was serious with Rio but no, you make me marry someone else," Lucy said, standing up.

"Your daughter really has no manners," Christopher's mother said and Lucy laughed.

"With all due respect, go to hell," the brunette spat before leaving the town hall to find her lover.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

time skip in next chapter yeet

we're getting closer to the end i wanna cri bye