chapter thirty five

ERICK walked over, carrying an unconscious Liviana in his arms. "Come, bring her into the water," Gabbie said as she swam through. The girl was in her mermaid form, along with the other mermaids.

Erick slowly walked into the water as he held the girl bridal style. The water was already up by his waist as he set her down and let the mermaids work their magic.

"You can stay," Gabbie said to him when he was about to head back. "Why?" he asked, confused. Not like he could help.

"Sometimes she needs someone to fight for, and it's you," she explained. "How would you know?" the boy asked, even more confused.

"I just do," Gabbie shrugged. The girl tapped her locket and it started glowing as the sea water started to swirl slowly around them.

All the mermaids kept a hand on Liviana as their powers all went into the girl. The wind started to blow harder as the others watched the magic happen.

After what felt like ages, everything went back to normal as the moon was already shining bright in the night. "Let her rest, she should be up in the morning," Gabbie said as Erick carried Liviana back onto the shore.

"Also, we healed her, by taking away her venom completely," she added. "Wait what?" Ariana questioned.

"She's now like you. Venom-free," Gabbie shrugged. "What she always wanted," Iris said softly. "C'mon we should get her home," she said again and everyone agreed.

✾✾✾

"Are we sure it worked?" Iris questioned softly as she leaned on the doorframe of Liviana's room. Erick was sat next to the bed, while Iris and Joel stood by the door.

Ever since this all happened, Erick never left her side. He was always there.

"We should trust Gabbie. Plus we all know how powerful those sea people are," Joel shrugged, his arm around Iris' shoulder.

"C'mon, we should head to bed," he said to her. "We can come check on her tomorrow," he said again. The blonde was reluctant, but complied.

"Wait," she stopped. "Erick?" Iris called for him and he turned to look at her. "Are you staying again? Maybe you should rest at home," the blonde suggested.

He turned and looked at the unconscious girl on the bed, and thought about it. If she wakes up, he wouldn't want to be seen like a complete wreck.

"I'll be here in the morning," he said as he got up to leave and Iris nodded. "Goodnight," she wished.

✾✾✾

The girl sat up, catching her breath. She looked around, and she was in her room. Looking down to examine herself, she felt different.

She felt light. "Liv," she heard her sister's voice gasp by the door. Liviana turned towards the door as Iris made her way towards the brunette.

Not even thinking twice, the blonde pulled her into a tight hug. "I thought I lost you," she let a small tear slip her eye. "I'm here," Liviana said as she patted her sister's back.

Iris pulled away and told the girl everything. "So what? I can be free?" Liviana questioned and she nodded.

"You don't have your venom anymore. Kissing someone won't kill you," Iris chuckled. "Where's..." Liviana's voice faded. "Erick? He's at his place," Iris answered, already knowing.

"Can I please go?" she asked and the blonde nodded. "Be careful," she said to her sister as the brunette ran towards Erick's place.

The boy was just about to head to the Morales', closing the door behind him when he saw a familiar small figure running towards his place.

She stopped, a few feet away from him. He froze, barely believing his eyes. "You're alive," he let out.

The girl smiled softly, nodding. "And I'm venom-free," she said, taking steps closer to him.

"Which means I can finally do this," she said again as she ran straight into his arms, connecting their lips.

The girl had never felt so free.

It was like she's died to be reborn again, and now she can finally be free with the guy she loves.

They didn't need to worry about the risks.

...

I'm not scared to jump cause I want you,
Let's just fall in love for the hell of it,
Maybe we'll just keep fallin'

...

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

didn't wanna leave y'all waiting 🤭

liv is alright !!! so, yeah liverick is real