chapter nineteen

LIVIANA tapped her pencil onto the table as she stared off into space. She was thinking about the note. What was Joel and Jade hiding? And how'd Erick get that note?

She was snapped out of trance when she felt a hard nudge on her arm. "If you're not gonna pay attention, don't come," Jade whispered in her accent.

Liviana looked at the girl, as if she was trying to read her, not that she could. "What?" Jade asked again when she caught the girl staring.

"Nothing," she mumbled, shaking her head as she looked to the front where their teacher was teaching.

The bell rang and the all left their class for lunch. Liviana quickly left the class, Iris following her from behind. Grabbing her by the elbow, the blonde dragged the girl to her locker.

"Ow! What do you want?" Liviana whined once the girl let her go. "You've been acting weird all day, what's going on?" Iris asked her sister.

Liviana wanted to tell her about the note, but she couldn't. Not until she found out the truth.

"Nothing. I'm just- it's a headache, that's all," she muttered. Joel walked up to them from behind Iris and cleared his throat, gaining both of their attention.

"Are you girls just gonna stand here or are ya gonna get lunch?" he asked them. Liviana looked at him as if he was a puzzle. But right now, to her he was.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna keep my stuff," Iris gave him a soft smile and turned to unlock her locker. Joel turned to Liviana, who had her arms folded across her chest as she looked at him.

"What?" he chuckled. The girl hummed in response, and realized she was staring. "Nothing," she shrugged, walking away to her own locker.

As she kept her book in there, she looked over and watched as her sister and Joel walked to the cafeteria. It was the first time she saw her sister that warm to someone, and if the secret was something bad, she knows it'll have an effect on her sister.

Sighing, she locked her locker and headed to the lounge instead.

Zabdiel and Ileana were sitting at a table in the outdoor sitting space of the cafeteria. He had his arm over her shoulder while she leaned closer into him as the two watched some videos on his phone and laughed.

"Look at you two," Ariana teased as she sat across the two. "Hi," Ileana greeted her as Zabdiel gave her a smile. "Is it official then?" Ariana asked, looking between them.

"I guess it is," Zabdiel said, looking down at the brunette in his arms as she smiled.

Richard then came along and took a seat next to Ariana as she scooted over. "You noticed something off about Chris?" Zabdiel asked. "In what way?" Richard asked again.

"I don't know. He seems different, a little down," Zabdiel shrugged. "If he wants to he'll tell us. He always does," Richard responded. "Or you could ask him," Ileana shrugged.

"You can't always expect people to come to you. Sometimes you needa reach out," Ariana said again. "Maybe we should," Zabdiel said to Richard who nodded.

"Where's Jade?" Ileana asked Ariana who shrugged. "Last time I saw her was in class," she responded.

The two pairs continued with their lunch before having to head back to class again.

"How long do we have to hide this?" Jade sighed as she leaned on a wall behind the school building. "I don't know. We just need to make sure no one finds out," Joel responded as he stood in front of her.

Liviana hid behind a tree a little further away as she watched the two interact. "What are you doing?" Erick whispered from behind her, causing the girl to jump a little.

"I'm tryna find out what these two are up to," Liviana responded straight up after she recollected herself.

"I read the note," she added, turning to watch the other two's interaction again. "Remind me to never let you into my house again," Erick chuckled.

"You can't exactly do that," she chuckled. "I kinda can," he shrugged, looking down at her as she glared at him.

Joel and Jade then walked the separate directions from each other, back into the school.

"What are they hiding?" Erick questioned. "No idea. But I'm gonna find out," Liviana said.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

liviana is determined huh

double update coz i'm goin to sch tmrw so i prolly won't hv much time but imma try lol

do we want more insight on joel and jade?