chapter twenty

IRIS and Liviana were sitting at the dinner table having dinner, but Iris couldn't help but notice Liviana isn't mentally there.

"Liv," Iris called out and got no response. "Liv," she called out again, louder. Liviana flinched a little but hummed in response.

"Are you okay?" the blonde asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," she nodded. "Is there anything you wanna tell me?" she asked her sister again.

"No, not right now, no," the brunette shook her head. "Is dad coming to eat?" Liviana asked, changing the subject. "I don't know," Iris shrugged.

Alron was actually down in Hell, paying his visits. Usually he'd do it every month, but this time duty calls.

Meanwhile Liviana was still trying to find out what was actually going on. And also trying to find a way to tell her sister.

The two continued to eat, not saying a single word to one another.

✾✾✾

Ariana was on her way home from Ileana's place for some homework. It was close to midnight, and she was on her own. Not exactly a good idea.

Jumping down from the tree and landing straight in front of the girl, was none other than Daniel Seavey.

A ripper. A kind of vampire that feeds on human blood, and once they start; they can't stop.

"What are you even doing here?" Ariana questioned, taking multiple steps back. "I need to feed, and since you're the only one here..." he smirked.

Dark veins started showing on his face as his fangs came out and his blue eyes turned red.

Ariana gulped. She knows she wouldn't stand a chance, even if she tried.

Daniel zoomed straight in front of, grabbing her neck with his hand. The girl struggled to breathe as she tried to set herself free.

As if he knew she needed saving, Richard arrived there and grabbed Daniel from behind and threw him to the ground.

Being a demon, he was able to control a ripper with his mind. With one simple look, Daniel vanished with the wind.

He turned back to Ariana who was holding onto her neck. "Never, walk alone again," he said as he held her up.

"Why are you even out this late?" he asked. "I just came back from Ileana's," she told him. "Let's go, I'm walking you home," he said to her and the two walked to her home.

Since she was living on her own, she let Richard stay the night. She washed up in her bathroom while he got comfortable on her bed.

Once she was done, she got under the covers and into his arms. "Thank you," she muttered, before slowly falling asleep.

Richard stared down at her as she slept peacefully. He ran his finger through her hair softly. He loves her. He's in love with her, but he's too scared to admit it.

In his diary, demons don't fall in love.

But he did. And he's not falling out of it anytime soon.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

really short filler lol before i leave y'all for a bit

and no, that's not all you'll see of daniel ;)

i'm prepping sumthin for y'all and i hope y'all will like it, once i put it out ya better not let it flop

but for now, imma quickly recommend mi medicina and mi medicina pt II to some of u who prolly never read it, just head to my profile and save those two books and read em :)

okay imma leave now bubye