chapter four

ARIANA sat down at the end of the dock, next to Richard. "How's Liviana?" he asked the girl. "She recovered three hours ago," Ariana told him, staring off into the lake.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, finally turning to look at him. He shrugged. "I don't know," he muttered. "You okay?" she asked and he nodded.

Ariana stood up, taking her shoes off and took her top off after. "What are you doing?" he asked, looking up at the girl. She shrugged, not taking her shorts off and jumped into the lake.

Richard watched as she sunk into the water before resurfacing. "Come on," she called for him and he chuckled.

Meanwhile in one of the diners, Ileana was sat in at a small table by the window as she watched kids play around outside. "Hola nena," someone spoke in her ear as she jumped slightly and before she knew it, he was sat in front of her.

"What do you want now?" she sighed. "I thought we're friends. Friends can't hangout now?" Zabdiel questioned. Ileana stayed shut, looking anywhere but at him.

He sighed, leaning forward. "Remember when you'd call whenever you need company. Somehow we can never keep it friendly, it'll always end up with us sleeping with each other. Good times," he smirked.

"It used to be as if we were a couple. We never really dated, but we were rather, affectionate, don't you think?" Zabdiel suggested and Ileana chuckled.

 We never really dated, but we were rather, affectionate, don't you think?" Zabdiel suggested and Ileana chuckled

"But as you said, in our life there's no room for love. There's no room for relationships. Even if we do settle down with a family, it won't be out of love. I remember word by word of what you said Ileana," Zabdiel said lowly, and Ileana's face expression fell into a light frown.

"That's what we get for not being human," he said before leaving with the wind. In a blink of an eye, he dissapeared. "Stupid vampire speed," Ileana muttered.

✾✾✾

The weekend ended rather quickly, and now the kids were back in school. They were in the science lab, and Iris' phone wouldn't stop going off.

"Do you wanna answer that?" Ariana whispered and Iris shook her head, putting her phone on silent.

After long lectures about chemicals, the bell rang, signalling they had 15 minutes to head to their next class. Iris was taking her book out of her locker, when she felt a presence right next to her.

"So are you just gonna stand there and watch me or are you gonna say something?" she asked, closing her locker before turning to face the person.

"I'd rather watch but that'll be creepy," Joel chuckled. "Are you free tomorrow, after school?" he asked. "I'm expensive everyday," Iris shrugged and the two laughed.

"I've been a dick haven't I?" he asked, leaning his head sideways onto the lockers. "Pretty much," she responded, leaning her head sideways onto her locker, the same way he did.

"Then can I try making it up by taking you out? As friends, for now," he suggested. Iris thought about it. "Where? Maybe I'll show up," she responded and he smiled. "Cupid's fountain," he said.

Iris gave him a surprised look. "Oo, are you asking for Cupid's help for me to fall for you Pimentel?" she questioned, narrowing her eyes at him. "Maybe," he winked. "See you there. Don't stand me up," he said walking away and she chuckled.

They both headed for their separate classes.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

I'm gonna drop this and run away for a while lol, I was debating if I should put this out or no but here ya go, hv fun with it sorry it's hella short

the boys just love killing me huh? the amount of time I had that tiktok on repeat is unhealthy. that was the only good thing this week

bye keep voting <3