chapter twelve

THE teens were all sat in class, waiting on Jose to come in. "He's never late, where in Ravenhill is he?" Ariana huffed. "Who knows," Liviana sighed as she slumped back into her chair.

"Maybe he's not coming in today," Ileana guessed. Just then Chief Romero walked into their class.

"I thought the interrogations were over," Christopher said. "They are. We found Mr. Camacho," Chief Romero informed. "What happened to him? Is he okay?" Ariana asked.

"He's fine. He's coming in to school during lunch since we're currently getting his statement at the council. I just came over here to thank you kids for your cooperation throughout our investigation. We finally found him, thanks to your help," Chief Romero said proudly.

"You mean I found you?" Richard's voice was heard by the door. Ariana wanted to just stand up and run to him to see if he was okay, but no one could know about them.

"Ah, so you've given your statement," Chief Romero sighed. "I have. Thanks for all your," Richard started, walking up to him, "hard work trying to find me," he smiled sarcastically.

The boy then went to take his seat next to Joel, the table in the same row as Ariana. He turned his head to look at her and they shared a brief eye contact, her eyes showing concern.

'Everything okay?' her voice rang through his head. She was using telepathy. Richard simply nodded before looking straight ahead.

Ariana sensed something was off, so she decided that she'll talk to him later.

Jose finally arrived and Chief Romero excused himself. "So Camacho, you alright?" Jose asked him and he nodded.

"Perfectly fine," he responded.

✾✾✾

"Where were you?" Ariana asked, leaning on the vending machine. Richard shrugged, focused on getting a snack from the machine.

"Richard, talk to me," she pleaded. "I was worried sick at least tell me what happened to you," she sighed.

"I'm alright," he muttered, taking the packet of chips from the machine. "You're not. Something's bothering you," Ariana said to him.

"Just leave it, Ari," he sighed, looking anywhere but at her. "Don't make me read your mind," she said again.

She wasn't going to give up that easily. She wanted to know what was going on, and she's going to get him to tell her one way or another.

"Leave me alone," he grunted, walking pass her. He sat at a table by the window and of course, Ariana followed him.

She leaned her hands on the table, staring at him. She was trying to get into his head. "Stop trying to read me," he said.

She pulled a chair out, sitting on it before focusing on getting into his head again. He watched as she tried, but since he's a demon, it's harder than it usually is and it'll hurt her more.

She furrowed her eyebrows, squinting slightly as the pain started kicking in. She was getting a headache, but she needed the information.

"Stop it," he said, firmly, but she wouldn't budge. She clenched her jaw, trying to hold in the pain. Richard could see the prominent lines between her eyebrows as she kept trying.

He sighed, getting up and grabbing her arms as he leaned onto the table to get closer to her. "Stop," he said, his voice low and husky.

"Tell me," she said, firmly. He looked around, grabbing her arm and taking her out of the lounge.

He took her to an empty corner in the hallway by a round window. "I'll show you what happened, but you can't tell anyone yet," he told her. "Why?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Just don't," he said and she simply nodded. He looked straight into her eyes as she slipped into his mind, and he played everything that happened with Sebastian to her.

Once he stopped the flashbacks and the two came back into reality, confusion was written all over Ariana's face. "You're telling me he's the Sebastian Romeo?" she asked and he hushed her, but nodded.

"And you believe him?" she questioned in a more whispering manner. "I don't know. I don't know who and what to believe," Richard sighed. "Are you gonna see him again?" she asked and he nodded.

"Tomorrow night," he said. "I'm coming," she said. "What? No," he told her. "I don't care. Either that or I'm telling everyone else," she threatened and he groaned.

"Fine," he gave in. "Just don't tell anyone, not yet. This is between you and me," he warned and she nodded.

"Adds more to the secrets we keep between the two of us," she sighed. "There's just some things we need to keep," Richard shrugged.

The two then went their separate ways, carrying on with their day.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

yeah the secret will be reveled in a bit 👀

i'm havin fun y'all, got a lot of ideas for this book hihi

i haven't watch the vmas yet, and i dont wanna see spoilers or wtv although the performance is out on yt all, i just wanna watch it on tv since it premieres in a couple hours in my country

but i do know cnco won, and i'm hella proud of them 🤧