chapter twenty seven

JONAH froze. He thought he was careful, he thought they both were. "Are you sure?" he asked. Jade sighed. "For the past two months I've only been with you. I'm 7 weeks along," she told him.

He ran his hand through his hair. "What are you gonna do?" he asked. "What am I gonna do? More like what are you gonna do? I've decided I'm keeping this whether you're here or not," Jade said firmly.

Jonah let out a soft sigh. He wasn't ready. He wasn't ready to be tied with a kid like that, it was a heavy responsibility. But then again, he didn't have the heart to just ditch Jade and their kid.

"I'm staying," he decided. "If you need anything, find me," he said again, looking straight at the girl. His eyes softened when they met hers, now knowing she's the mother of his child, it changed a lot of things.

Jade nodded, looking down.

✾✾✾

Ariana walked out of the diner, a cup of coffee in hand. The girl was supposed to head over to Rebeka's, but looks like she's going to have to change her plans.

"Ari!" a voice called out and she turned around. "Hey," she smiled when she saw him. "Where ya headin?" Richard asked when he caught up with her.

"Rebe's place. Why?" she asked. "Can you tell her you can't make it?" he asked. Ariana furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?" she asked back. "Just do it," Richard said and that just made the girl even more confused but she did it anyways.

She took her phone out and called Rebeka. "Hello? Rebe, I can't make it- I just can't, something came up, okay bye," she quickly lied and kept her phone back into her purse.

She turned back to Richard. "Now can you tell me what's going on?" she asked. "Just come with me," he said, grabbing her hand and leading her through the streets of Ravenhill.

The moment their hands touched, Ariana felt a tingle up her veins. Still not knowing where they were going, she followed him; not like she had a choice.

Then he stopped in front of a car, his car. "Let's go for a ride," he smiled and opened the car door for her. The girl chuckled, and entered the car as he closed the door after.

Richard drove off into the woods. After about a 15 minutes drive, they arrived at somewhat of a garden. Ariana was simply amazed at the sight.

The two got out of the car and Ariana started looking around her. Richard couldn't help but smile at her reaction.

"I was roaming around the other day, and when I got here I instantly thought of you," he said to her and the girl turned to look at him.

"Did you really?" she asked, a smile on her face. Richard chuckled softly, nodding as he looked down, and that simply made the girl's heart flutter.

 Richard chuckled softly, nodding as he looked down, and that simply made the girl's heart flutter

"C'mon let's take a walk," he gestured to her and the girl followed him.

It was basically an open space in the middle of the woods, green grass with some big old trees along with bushes of flowers.

The two were simply having fun and running around in their little space, feeling more free than ever.

Eventually Richard decided it was time. He grabbed Ariana's wrist and pulled her gently into his chest as he rested his hands on her lower back.

"We kinda needa talk," he started. The girl raised her eyebrows at him, growing a little nervous. "Okay, what is it?" she asked.

"I don't know what you've done, but you drive me crazy. It's like whatever I do you're always on my mind," he confessed and Ariana looked up at him, giving him full attention.

"Girl you just turn my whole world upside down," he chuckled softly. "I don't know about you, but I've never felt this way before. And if I'm about to start something serious, I know it's gonna be you," he said softly, looking straight into her eyes.

"Because, if this is love- I never wanna feel anything else for anyone else," he said with a soft smile. Ariana smiled.

"Be mine?" he asked and the girl nodded, throwing her arms around him. "You've always had me," she whispered softly.

The two pulled away, and without any hesitation, Ariana pulled him into a sweet kiss. This time it was different. It was slow and soft and passionate, not like the usual quick, sloppy and lustful kisses they shared.

The Devil fell in love.

Who would've thought it would've been Ariana to break down his walls?

...

I never felt this way before, your eyes are all I need
To make forever feel like just a little while
I swear I'd walk, I'd run, I'd even learn to fly
Just to see you smile

...

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

richard admitted he's in love with ariana

jonah is staying with jade for the baby

i wonder what's next? 👀

if y'all think they all gon be happy, oh hun the rainfall hasn't arrived :)

keep voting tho, love y'all 🥰