chapter forty one

IT'S graduation day for the Descendants and Demented's. That meant one more week till Christopher and Lucy's wedding.

After the graduation, they all went straight to The Adonis to party.

"Someone's letting loose tonight," Iris had to yell slightly over the loud music as she stood by the bar next to Christopher.

"I'm about to get married in a week, let me go crazy tonight," he said to her. The blonde chuckled. "Have fun," she said, patting his back and walking over to her boyfriend who's at the dancefloor.

"Why can't he just cancel the wedding if he's really dreading it?" Erick asked loudly over the music. "He's waiting," Liviana said to him.

"For what?" Zabdiel asked. "Rebe. He wants her to stop him," Ileana said.

"Yeah he'll be in the grave by then," Joel chuckled. "That girl will never admit she's in love with him," he said again.

"We never know, look at me," Richard said. "I managed to get her. I doubt she's harder than me," he shrugged as she hugged Ariana from behind.

"Oh hun, she can definitely get harder than you," Jade chuckled. "Let's not worry about those two complicated people and just have fun instead. We graduated!" Ariana said.

"We survived!" Erick cheered and the group laughed.

They jumped around, dancing the night away to the loud music.

Meanwhile, further away at the Sapphire Lake was Lucy and Rio. The two laid down on the grass, gazing at the stars.

"One more week and you'll be someone else's wife," Rio said softly. Lucy sighed. She turned around, laying on her side to look at her lover.

"As much you don't want to you have to. I know, you say it everytime," he chuckled sadly, requoting the thing she usually says before she could say it.

"Then I don't know what else to say. Listen," she started. "I may be married to him, but that doesn't mean my heart belongs to him as well. Same goes for him, he's in love with someone else," she said.

Rio chuckled. "Why can't he just marry her then? It's the way you're about to get married to my best friend- well our best friend, and I can't do anything about it although I'm madly in love with you," he said softly, the hurt and pain evident in his voice.

"One day, maybe one day. In another life or something, we can be together," she whispered, caressing his cheek.

Rio turned to lay on his side so he could face her.

"Until then I think it's best this is the last time I see you," he said, his voice cracking as the tears threatened to fall.

He leaned in for one last kiss.

One he tried to keep for a longer time, just so he won't forget how she tastes like.

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

updating again yay :D

bruh okay bye

what if i just like uhhh yk post my zabdiel book .....