chapter five

"WHAT I'm tryna say is that, no matter who this person may be, or what 'breed' they may be, they can be destructive. They can be dangerous, vicious. Which is why you never underestimate a supernatural," Jose said as he walked in front of the class.

"You guys know my sister, right? Susana Andres?" he asked and the whole class nodded. "Well she looks harmless. To a certain extent she is, but if you get on the wrong side of her-" he stopped, giving way for his students to continue.

"She's a ticking time bomb," Zabdiel started. "Explosive," Rebeka continued. "Boom!" Erick finished it and Jose smiled, nodding at his class.

"Well done," he smiled at them. The last bell of the day went off, and the students started packing up to head back. "I'll see you all in our next class," he said as he went behind his desk, packing his own stuff.

Iris was walking through the hallways, her bag slinged over her shoulder, when Joel appeared in front of her. She looked up at him, raising her eyebrows.

"Cupid's fountain?" he asked, and Iris made an 'o' shape with her mouth. "I need to know if you're coming," he said again and she shrugged. "You know what, I'll be nice," she said.

"So you're coming?" he asked, his eyes lighting up in excitement. Iris shrugged again.

"See ya around, angel boy," she said with a smile, turning on her heel as she left the school grounds

✾✾✾

Joel sat by the fountain, tapping his feet lightly on the ground as he waited for Iris to show up. He sighed. It's been 15 minutes and she's still not there. Just as he got up and was about to leave, a feminine voice called out from behind him.

"You gonna stand me up now?" she asked. He turned to her, his frown turning upside down into a smile. "I thought you weren't coming," he confessed and she chuckled.

"You were too early. I'm on time," Iris shrugged and he chuckled. "So, what we doin?" she asked. "I wanna show you something," he said, taking small steps backwards as she took a few steps towards him.

"Come," he said as he reached his hand out for her. She raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed. "We can't go if you won't let me hold you," Joel told her. "Why would you need to hold me?" she questioned.

"Because princesa," he started before letting his wings out of his back and he flew up a little bit. "We're taking a quick flight," he said as he came back down in front of her, snaking his arms around her waist. "Just trust me," he said and took off. Iris let out a little gasp as her feet left the ground.

She has her wings because she's half angel, but she never knew how to use them. Growing up with Alron the demon, he only taught her how to control her demon side, while her angel side was untouched.

"How's it feel like to be flying without having to turn into a bird?" Joel asked her and she chuckled. He flew over to the Enchanted Forest and stop in front of Heaven's Cave. "Let's go," he said as he held her hand and leaded her into the cave.

"Joel I can't see anything," she sighed. "Just wait till we get to the other side- it's a lot brighter," he smiled. After the short walk to the other, Iris saw a light coming through a small hole. Joel pushed a rock and the cave wall made an opening as a blinding light entered the cave.

They walked into through the opening and the sight in front of her made her jaw drop. Joel looked at her reaction and smiled. "Welcome to Ravenhill's mini paradise," he said and the blonde looked at him in disbelief.

Iris looked around her surroundings. The sight amazed her. The healthy green leaves growing from the branches of some trees, the beautiful crystal clear water flowing through the river and the calming sound of birds chirping- it was almost like paradise.

"What is this place?" Iris asked him as they walked further. "It's a place some angels built here in Ravenhill but no one knows it exists. It's my secret runaway that no one ever knew about. I never brought anyone here; you're the first," he explained to her.

"Why me?" she asked again and he shrugged. "I guess I trust you," he responded, not wanting to get deep into the subject and Iris took the hint.

They spent the rest of the day there, in their little getaway location. 

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

watch me fuck shit up after they goin real smooth 🙈

anyways, so joel is rlly trustin iris aye 👀

idrk what to say anymore, i just haven't had much motivation but i've been trying a lot of methods to get inspo and it's coming slowly, like rlly slowly, but hey, i'm trying okay?

school's supposed start on tuesday and i wanna cry. physical school sucks bro 😭 i lowkey prefer online rn