Chapter 32

"Please! Just stay!" I felt so bad for him. But I can't leave mom there all alone. I could feel his grip tightening. "Please?" "..."

Back at the school!

Toono's pov:

"Its the end of the month! Do you f**ked anyone?" My gosh I forgot about that. I should've been the one taking care of Shikatani. Then maybe I wouldn't have to participate. I'm not ready yet. "So did you?" "N-no" "Ah! You what that means?"

Back to normal:

My phone rang but I couldn't answer it. "Please? Just st-" Right before he finishes his words he collapsed. "Shikatani-kun? Are you ok?" I helped him and laid him on the bed. I placed my hand on his forehead. He still had a fever. I quickly grabbed my phone. "Mom I can't see you today. I'm really sorry!" After that I hang up. I can't let him be like this.

Next day:

I fell asleep on the couch. I was so tired that I can't even walk all the way to the bed. I've been up all night watching him sleeping. I'm just so worried about his safety. And I felt kinda guilty about last night. If I just stayed maybe he wouldn't be sick by now. But all I did was hurt him. "Hm? Harada!" "hi" He jumped out of the bed and ran up to hug me. "I'm so happy you stayed." He whispered in my ear. "Come on let's eat!"

I was choping vegetables when I felt arms wrapping on me. "Hey" "Hi" He rested his chin on my shoulder. Okay what's happening right now. He's been so touchy this morning. Maybe its cause of his fever.

Time skip

His energy seems too high today unlike yesterday. "Hey!" I looked up to him. "Its your turn." "Oh! Sorry!" I placed my tiles on the board. "Hm.... that's a good one." I stared at him,planning my next move. "There! Try beating that!" He acts like a child now. He clearly bumped his head on a wall or something. This isn't like him at all. "Hey?" "Hm?" "You kept spacing out, what's wrong?" "Its nothing." "Really?" I nodded. I'm not in the mood to talk right now. I looked at the wall clock. Its almost 5 now. Time really do pass quickly. I reached my hand to his forehead. I carefully placed it,checking his temperature. "Your fever is gone." I was about to get up when his hand grabbed my arm. "Can't you just stay a little longer." "I can't I'm sorry." He got up and stood infront of me. "Its okay, I made you stay here for two nights now. I'm also sorry about last night." "Its okay." "Can I just say one more thing?" "Sure." "About the other day I do remember it." "Remember what?" "What I told you that night." Is he joking right now? "That I love you" I could tell my cheeks are red right now. "I know its only been a month but its true. I know this may shock you and I'm willing to wait until you're ready." Wow now I got three suitors waiting for me. "Thanks for understanding. Well I got to go now. Bye!" I closed the door behind me. "Bye."

The next day

I was walking to the corridors when I heard someone shouting my name. "Harada!" I looked at the window to see Yacchan. I quickly made my way to him. I tackled him in a hug. "I haven't seen you in like two days! What happened?" "I just took care of someone." "Someone? Who?" In the corner of my eyes I saw Shikatani-kun with his classmates. We've locked eyes on each other. I gave him a small smile and he returned it to. "Earth to Harada!" "Oh! Sorry did I spaced out." "Yeah you did!" "Sorry." Just when he was about to say anything. His coach called him "Oops! Got to go, I'll see you around!" "See you too!" I continued walking. I came across the garden. "Hello." "AHHHHH! Oh its you Itome-kun!" "Sorry did I scared you?" "A little." "I heard you were taking care of Shikatani this last few days." "Yes. I'm sorry if I hadn't told you and Akemi-san yet." He smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Its okay. I'm glad you're okay." "Thanks!" "Here." He was holding a little white peony. "I saw this on the ground and thought why not give it to you." I carefully grabbed it. "Thank you." "Come on let's go. The class is about to start."