Six: take me there

Lucas pov:
She panicked as the call ended. Fear is evident on her face. Her eyes that were few minutes ago glowing with desire,are now filled with tears. I hold her close and hugged her tightly. I don't know how to comfort someone in such situations, but i felt it is what she needed. She sobbed in my shoulder, and i caressed her back saying soothing words in her ear. After a few minutes later she controlled her posture and stand straight.
"I need to go. I have an urgency I'll see you around" she said with a sad smile.
"Wait...what happened?. Aren't you gonna tell me?" i said holding her face in my palms.
She sighed heavily and said
" My neighbour,Mrs. Briana is hospitalized. Tonight she was taking care of my niece, Hera. I should've been there. This is all my mistake"

"I know who Hera is...lets go what are you waiting for. I'll take you there" i replied taking her hand in mine.
She stopped and jerked my hand.

"You aren't coming with me. This is my personal matter,i will take care of this. I'll tell Cathy to call her driver" she said in monotone.
"No, I'm going with you. I don't want you to be alone in this situation.lets go we shouldn't waste time, And Cathy isn't here. She and Jared left the club to visit the doctor. His face was badly bruised" i replied.

She frowned on my answer. She pulled her phone and dialled Cathy's phone number.

"Hey where are you.. And why didn't you told me that you were leaving" Renne asked.
" Babe,I'm so sorry i rushed in hurry. Jared got a few punches in the fight and his nose started bleeding so badly. He was crying like a baby, such a pussy he is. So I'm taking him to the hospital. And I'll be back afterwards. Don't worry. I'll pick you up " Cathy said.
Renne told her the about the mishappening with Mrs. Briana,and the name of the hospital.

" shall we go now?" i asked in hurry.
She nodded in response. We hurried
Outside of the club and get inside of my Car. Without wasting any time i punched the keys in ignition and my car roared to life.My eyes were focused on the road. Renne haven't spoken a word.My phone is vibrated a few times in my pocket. But i decided to avoid those calls.

"Don't worry everything will be alright.we are almost there" i hold her hand in mine. She nodded and a few tears rolled down her cheeks. My heart shattered in my chest.I tried to comfort her with my words,just as we reached to the hospital,she jumped outside from the car.
Renne quickly ran towards the entrance. I followed her inside.Jared and cathy were standing in the hallway ,Herra is sleeping in Jared's arms. Jared's nose is covered in dressings and Bandages . Cathy came forward and hugged Renne.

"Don't worry Renne. She is alright. Doctor's are examining her" cathy said soothingly.
"what happened to her" she questioned while sobbing.
"She fell in the bathroom. But luckily she was able to call the ambulance. They said maybe, she broke her leg. But they are still examining.I already informed her sons, they said they'll be here tomorrow morning " Cathy told.

"I should've been there. It's all my fault. What if something bad happened to her" Renne cried.
"No this is not your fault Renne. she'll be alright. Nothing bad's gonna happen to her now" Cathy comforted her.
They both sat on the chairs waiting for the doctor.

" You look like shit bro!! How many punches did they throw in your face?" i asked to Jared.
" Yeah yeah i know. And i didn't count. But i punched them like fucking punching bags. Maybe there faces will look bad enough than mine" he replied.

My phone started ringing,as i pulled it out,Sophie's name pops up on the screen
"Don't tell me you aren't coming tonight also!!" she said angrily.
"You are right. I'm not." i replied.
With that i ended the call and turned it to the silent mode. I can't handle her tantrums anymore,I will end the agreement with her as soon as possible.

Hera is sleeping peacefully in Jared's arms. She is wearing a baby pink nightdress her curly hair were pinned on top of her head. Her face stained with tears streaks.She shivered slightly as cold breeze hit her body.
I removed my jacket and covered it around her,as i pulled her my arms. She rested her face on my chest and hold my bicep with one hand this little touch warmed my heart with love. She is looking like a angel. I never adored any child like her.
Renne is smiling at me and patted the seat next to her for me to sit. I walked towards her and sat there. Her beautiful face is looking tired,her mascara smeared under her eyes. Her lipstick is no longer on her lips,...as i already licked it all tonight.
After few minutes Doctor came outside the room and told
"she broke her right leg and a slight hip dislocation. We have to admit her for a week or long until her injuries heal and dislocation is fixed." he said.

" Can i met her once?" Renne asked politely.
" You all can see her tomorrow, she is sleeping now as she is under the effect of medicines. You go get rest tonight. Then came tomorrow" the doctor replied and walked away.

" I will stay here. Cathy pls take Hera with you tonight" Renne said.
" No i am gonna stay here with you. I'm not living" cathy replied.

" Why don't you all go home and have rest. I'll be here and you can come tommorrow" I offered. But they both denied. Jared also tried to tell them to go but they didn't listened.

" This Hospital is so far from our home. I can't take any risk right now . I have to be here,what if she needs something?. She has nobody here, her sons will come here tomorrow untill than i have to be with her. Its about an hour long drive to the hospital from my home" she sadly explained.

"Well my hotel is about 20 minute away. You both can stay there tonight. Than you don't have to worry about her." i offered.She shook her head.

" You already did too much for me. I can't bother you anymore.I just can't" she said. Jared also tried to Convince them.
"Think about Hera. She is a child.what if she got ill due to the cold weather. Come on don't be silly. I'll be also there to help" he said.
" I have a spare bedroom in my penthouse. You both can stay there if thats your concern" i offered.
After thinking a few minutes,Renneand Cathy agreed. I told the nurse to inform us if anything urgent needs our presence. As we got outside, we decided to take my car. Jared and Cathy got in the backseat, Renne sat on the pessenger seat with Hera in her arms still asleep. I can see the tiredness on Renne's face. She looked like she will pass out any second. Without wasting anymore time i started the car and drived towards my hotel .Within 20 minutes we reached to the hotel. I took Hera from Renne's arms and walked inside. As we all get inside the lift i punched the 15th floor button.
The lift door opened with a ding sound...as we got out, i put the code in the security system of my penthouse.
The door opened, and we all walked inside.
" I'm dying with hunger, i haven't eaten anything except her lips tonight." Jared said pointing towards Cathy.
" I know i do taste good, but i can also make delicious food if you want,Babe" she replied grinning. Jared smiled and nodded
"That is why i love you this much darling" he said happily hugging her. We all got shocked.
"I mean i love your food. The restaurant's food" he tried to explain.

" Jarred you help Cathy in the kitchen.Renne,you come with me, I'll show the Bedroom" I said politely. Renne nodded. Jared giving me dirty looks and making signs from behind. I rolled my eyes and sarted moving. As i reached the door handle, Hera stirred in my arms.
After getting inside, I smoothely placed Hera on the bed, and patted her back a few times. She is so peacefully asleep. Her long lashes and pouty lips make her so adorable.Renne sit on the foot of the bed. After covering Hera, with the comforter i turned towards Renne. She placed her head in her hands and elbows resting on her knees.
I stand in front of her and placed my hands on her face to make her look upward. She is so sad.
" If you don't mind, can i have a shower?" she asked hesitantly.
" Yes ofcourse! No need to take permission. Do you want me to accompany in the shower?" i said lightly with sarcasm.
She smiled and shook her head in No!.
" I'll arrange a few cloths for you. Every necessity is in the shower rack inside. Towels are in the right drawer." I said as i walked outside. She nodded before closing the door.

I can't imagine she is here with me in my house. The situation is different, but still...she is with me. I never thought i will ever be invested this much in someone else's life. But i don't know why...i can't leave her helpless and alone.

Hey guys...

Thank you for reading this far....
Pls vote and comment..