Fifty five

Serene's pov:

I feel so lucky, to have everyone around. Mrs. Briana is the only mother figure in my life. On the other hand, Cathy is so much more than a sister. Even though she just got married a few weeks ago, she agreed to stay at the penthouse with me. Lorine is the only person who could tackle her mother and her overpriced statements. So i begged her to stay with us. Mrs. Scott is too worried and want everything perfect . Afterall its Lucas wedding, and mine too.

Luckily there isn't any article being circulated ,about us being engaged and our upcoming wedding, which makes it more peaceful. I don't want any kind of attention out of the circle. So its good.

Our house is full of people Cathy invited everyone. Some of the staff members, from Cathy's restaurant came here to help her. So that's the reason she was working in the kitchen the whole afternoon.  Noah, Tyler and Tim also....come to have dinner with us. She told me that she invited Lucas parents also. I don't know if we have enough of space in the dining area.

Uncle Jackson, and his wife Diane came early in the evening. I hugged them and introduced to everyone. Lucas, Jared and Lorine are on their way to get back here but its already been an hour.

Uncle Jackson bring so many things, Hera sat on his lap and started opening her gift. I tried to help Jenna and Cathy, but they didn't let me.
Mrs. Briana is talking with Diane. She works in a local bakery. She is in her early thirties, and have no child yet. After few minutes, Mr. and Mrs. Scott also came with a flower bouqet and few gifts for us. I'm texting Lucas from the past thirty minutes, but he is not replying.

"Hey baby...sorry I'm late" he whispered, as he hugged me from behind.
I feel the urge, to turn back and kiss him right here in front of everyone...but i have to wait. Me and my dirty mind...

"I know you're late, but the reason is all i want to know" i asked, turning him to face.

"Jared is sick and throwing up, from the moment he got in my car. So we had to stop a several time" he replied.

On the other hand, Jared is now stuffing a whole muffin in his mouth. I'm afraid he'll choke himself to death, eating a whole muffin in one attempt.

"Come on Jared. Stop...eating like an animal. You are sick, don't eat stuff like that...ok" Lucas told ,giving him a glass of water.

Jared's eyes widened all of the sudden, and he quickly chews whatever left in his mouth.

"Yeaah...you are right. I am Sick. My head is pounding so bad, i need rest" Jared said , looking in my direction.

Well Cathy took their drama seriously. She ran to stand by his side, and make him sit on the couch. Well she do love him so much. Lorine is still standing near the door, deep drowned in her thoughts.
I motioned her to come inside, while Lucas is still holding my waist pinning me to side.

"Lets meet Uncle Jackson...he's waiting from the past hour"

All three of them nodded. Jared got up from the couch, while Cathy bring bitter gourd soup for him. His face screamed pure horror.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing..i feel okay..I'm good, baby. I..i think I'm alright now. Y..You shouldn't stress yourself like this" he stammered.

"But you're sweating in this cold, and your face is looking pale....i don't think you're alright" Cathy replied.

"No...I'm not sweating..just overwhelmed to see you after this long. And i took the medicines on the way" Jared put the soup bowl on the table, and quickly moved to stand next to Lucas.