Forty-one

I'm still mad at him. He's being a pain in my ass. I don't know why he's hurrying so much. After the dinner with his parents...he kept saying that we'll get married asap. I mean, i do love him..but marriage is a big decision. I want our relationship to work. I need time to nurture our love and life. We fighted over the same topic again. Its been six days. I only see him working in the study and in the office.

"Serene...you are off for today's work. Go home and pack your bags, get ready for the ceremony" Angela informed me, taking the folder out of my hold.

"What...i don't know about any Ceremony?" i asked

"Its an opening celebration of the new hotels chain in the New york city" she replied.

"Ohh so..what would i do. I am just an assistant of the personal assistant. Right" i don't want to go anywhere with him. Alone.

I'm already fighting my spirits to calm down. He is acting so weird these days like i am no human, I don't have my own way of thinking and making decisions. He's being so protective over me. He wants to own me. But he didn't want to tell anyone except his parents that we are in a relationship.

"That's true, Serene. But he said he only wants you, to assist him. And this is the order not a request" she replied grinning.

"But i don't want. If he keep behaving  like an ass, I'm going to resign from my job right now" i told her,nearly shouted.

"Calm down Serene. This is so immature of you. I thought you are better than that. Stronger enough to stand by him. And now you're doing what...kicking off the job" she shook her head in disbelief.

I lowered my head. She's right. Just because I'm pissed off, doesn't mean i should behave like a brat.

"This is a bad decision. You just started your internship. Its not that hard to keep yourself professional throughout the trip. I know you can do this. you're so talented and smarter than any of other here. Go for it, And in any case...I'll be there too." she smiled lightly.

I nodded my head in approval. I thanked her and said good byes. Taking my belongings i took the ride back home.
****
I helped Jenna in packing our stuff and belongings. Good thing is..she's going with us. I am very happy that i wouldn't be left alone in the hotel with him and in the ceremony, Angela will be there too.
We dragged our bags in the hallway, when i noticed a big white box lying on the couch. Tied in ribbons. Hera ran towards it, trying to pick it up. But its twice or thrice the size of her. She pouted and sighed loudly.

"Its a giant box....i want to open it Renne" she pouted again, trying to open the box.

"No Baby..its not yours. You can't open it. Leave it there" i said to her.

"Jenna, what is this. Did he ordered something?" i asked.

"It's for you. He was too confused. So he asked for my help. I don't know if you like it or not.....but i thought you'll look beautiful in this" she replied.

I don't want any gift from him. He already did a lot for me. Now that I'm working and earning a handsome amount of salary..i can buy things myself. But i didn't want to be rude to Jenna.

"Oh thank you so much Jenna, but i can't accept it. I'll just wear my regular cloths..or maybe buy myself a new dress from there."

"No No...i can't do this. He said we need to keep it with us. I can't deny his orders Renne. Do you know, everyone from his family,his friends and his business is going to be there in the party. So it is important that everything and everyone should look perfect..upto his standards. This is a part of our job Renne. We have to do this" i just nodded without saying a word.