Forty-eight

Serene's pov:

We were all having fun. Enjoying the house parties, going out for dinner and spa, shopping and so much more.
Tonight we organised a last bachelorette party for Cathy. Everything was going fantastic until her brother arrived.

His elder brother Marcus, is totally different from cathy, in personalty. He is rude and a very straight forward man in nature. I have never seen him smiling. He didn't talked much, or maybe not to Cathy and her friends. His eyes are beautifully darker than usual, just like his long hair. His six feet tall figure is well built with muscles and his sharp jawline is another definition of perfection.

Every girl in the party was drooling over him. But the kind of men he is, he didn't paid any attention to those girls. He walked staright to Cathy, and started yelling at her. I didn't know what was the matter. But it has something to do with her wedding and Jared.After he finished yelling, he left the party, leaving her crying sister alone.
Cathy is a strong girl, I've never seen her crying like this,so it must be a really hurtful thing to hear. The girls here are hungry for the drama and details only. I'm not going to let that happen, they aren't getting any. I didn't want Cathy, to explain and apologies for what she isn't responsible, so i just dialled Jenna's phone number to bring Hera into the driveway. Cathy's driver was already waiting for us, we hoped inside and i gave him the address of the penthouse. I'm very happy, that Lucas gave me the set of these keys to our home, the penthouse and his office.

I was hungry, so i started searching for any food item in the kitchen But surprise surprise!!!!
Lucas and Jared, were also equally shocked to find us here.
******
"What were you doing here in the kitchen?" Lucas asked, still holding my waist with one arm, while Hera shifted into his other arm.

"I was dancing!!...Duh!I am hungry...i want food" i replied.

"Don't pout baby, what would you like to have?" he asked.

"Pizza...or anything that is available this late in the night"

"Okk then Pizza it is, and for Hera?" he asked.

"I want bed, I'm sleepy" Hera replied.

"Hera...what if i miss you and got scared alone?" i teased.

"Then hug luca bear tonight...Gud night Renne, gud night lucaa bear" she replied in sleepy voice.

Lucas chuckled and replied;
"Don't worry Sugar!, i won't let her feel scared. I will do everything i could do to make her feel safe and secure".

*****
After tucking her to the bed, we came back in the living room, waiting for the pizza's. He took a seat next to me taking my hand in his big hands. It feels relaxing, touching him, breathing the same familiar cologne hearing him is all i need. He was deep drown in his thoughts. He didn't said anything, but only staring at his feet.

"Is everything alright Lucas?" i asked, tilting his face, so he can look at me in the eyes.

"Yes my love! Everything's fine. "

"is somthing bothering you from inside? You can always tell me " i told him brushing his cheek with my thumb

"Have you ever tried to find her mother? I mean a missing complaint or something else?" he asked.

"No. I didn't file any missing complaint for her mother. Cause i didn't know who she is. I don't know anything about her" i told him.

"But that birth certificate and other visa documents?" he asked.

"How did you know about that Lucas?" i asked.

Its strange. I didn't remember telling him all the details.