Thirty-six

I woke up in a warm embrace with his arms latched securely around me. His breaths fanning over my face. The first thing i saw in this morning is, the peaceful look on his face. It brings me smile and happiness. He is always tired with the work and responsibilities. He have to manage everything alone. Still doing his best and proving his worth.

I lovingly touched his face,Tracing his lower lip. His eyes fluttered open. Sleepiness hooded over his caramel brown eyes.

"When did you wake up?" he asked hi his sleepy raspy voice.

"Good moning Honey, just a few minutes ago" i replied, lightly pinching his lips.

He kept staring at me with admiration. I don't know whats going on in his head, but that surely is bothering him in a worst kind of way.

"What?..is there any problem Lucas" i asked

He took a moment before replying
"No...i think we should get ready for work now, And...pls never go on your own. I let that driver on your service...you can go anywhere around the city if you want...with him" he replied getting up from the bed.

Something sounds off in his voice. But i nodded in response. I don't want to kick off his already fucked up mood, by fighting over a silly matter.

After having breakfast, i took Hera with me, and hoped inside the car.
Jenna, started her full time job after our arrival, saying she wants to do this. I'm happy that when i work in the office, someone is  staying there with Hera.

When i got inside my office, i got a few stares frim the colleagues. Girls were mumbling and having gossips. Maybe they are criticising the way i dressed. I did wear a button up blouse with the denim jeans paired with my black stilettos. My hair is gathered neatly in a high ponytail.

The elevator doors opened with a ding sound, i quickly paced towards my cabin. I took in notice, there was a big bouquet of white roses sitting in the flower vase on my table.

I found a small note, saying..." You are as beautiful as you name...Serene.
Let's get to know each other. If you say Yes to my first step, pls leave one white Rose on your table in lunch hour, and if no...then take all the roses as a friendly compliment"

What the fuck is this...and who the hell did this. Is it some kind of joke or a prank on my second day in the office.

I took the bouquet from my table and placed it next to the dustbin. I'm here to earn money and respect, not to make friends and enemies..and specially one sided lovers.

I started working on my files from this morning. Angela greeted me, and helped me with the work i am doing. She is pretty cool...she is very professional in her job, but other than that she have a great sense of humor. She reminds me of 'Cathy'.

I miss her. Hera was crying last night, that she wants Cathy. But i don't know how to make things right. She is hurt. She didn't even call me once since i got kicked out of my apartment.

"Renne, you are going to assist Sir Lucas in the next meeting after lunch today. I've an health appointment with my doctor today" Angela told me,  giving me a file and her notepad.

" I had listed the key points of the meeting. Keep your recorder on, throughout the meeting. Okk" she asked.

I nodded in Yes. I don't have a choice.

"And one more thing...No hankey pankey, till the meeting ends. After that you can enjoy your quality time with Lucas. I know he's dying to meet you since he saw you in the office. He is still staring at you right now" she told me, eyeing the side wall, with mirror finish