Fourteen: for Myself

Serene's pov:
After Nine days, On Hera's Birthday.

I prepared everything,i can. From snacks to the main course for dinner, i prepared everything.
Working at the restaurant did really helped me a lot. I did all the decoration and cooking by myself.

Mrs. Briana was discharged from the hospital two days ago. His son Noah is staying with her. I invited them both, cathy, Jared, and few others from the restaurant staff. But not Lucas. I wanted to but i can't be near him.

I blocked his phone number the same day, when he texted me that he was missing me so much. I don't want to be his toy to play anymore...he already did that a lot. He tried to call and text from different phone numbers..but i didn't replied to any.
But still i feel that maybe i should've asked for an explanation, or maybe punched his adorable face.

"Don't be Sad Renne. Just try to move on. You know i can still find you someone better than that man whore" cathy whispered to me, styling Hera's hair
"shut up...i don't need anyone. I'm much much better on my own" i replied. I still don't know why i cant be happy and move on.

Hera is dressed in her lovely peach color princess frock. Cathy styled her hair in a cute messy bun. She look so pretty. My vision got blurred with tears...My baby is growing so fast.

" Renne, why are you crying? I'm not looking good??" she asked with concern.
I shook my head and hugged her tightly. Its her birthday...i can't ruin this special day.
" you are so big now..my angel. And you are looking so pretty today. I'm so happy " i kissed her soft cheeks. She giggled and kissed mine.

Why I'm still feeling ,like something is incomplete. I'm so sad and hollow inside.. from the past nine days. He did bother me alot...but why?. I should've never crossed my limits.

Around seven, Mrs. Briana and Noah came to our house. She has her one leg plastered and now sitting on a wheelchair. But still looking lovely. I ran towards her ,she hugged me quickly. She smiled at me and than gestured towards Hera.

"Heyy!! Renne , so...no greetings or hugs for me" Noah asked with straightface.

"Umm hii, welcome, and.... Its very nice to see you again" i stuttered awkwardly.He chuckled in response.

"Sorry if i make you uncomfortable. I didn't meant to. But i like your face when it goes a little confuse" he said lightly shooking my hand.

His hands feel warm and nice....even if its too cold outside. He is dressed in a black hoodie and denim jeans. His dark hair were neatly combed and styled , but not like my favorite brown messy hair. Noah's eyes were different from that caramel brown of .....

I blushed in response, and gestured him to sit on the couch. I paced towards the kitchen,and drank a whole glass of water..i can't compare everyone with Lucas. I should move on now.
I placed the snacks and drinks on the table, with the chocolate cake i made for Hera. I was setting the candles on the top of the cake, when a knock is heard on the door.
Cathy opened the door wide to reveal the guest..Jared....alone. I was a fool to expect Lucas,to be here. He immediately hugged cathty tightly, and pecked her lips. They are so in love with each other...i wish i was in the same place with someone.
Jared came inside and pulled Hera in his arms.

" Hera... Come here baby. Lets cut this cake now" i asked with a smile.

She came slowly and frowned,
" But Renne...Luca bear isn't here. He said he'll come to my birthday"

"Uhh, maybe he got busy in some important work baby. Thats why he's not here" i replied patiently.

"But he promised...lets just wait for him. I want him here" she pouted her lips.
Cathy and Jared gave me sympathetic looks. I don't know what to do now. I nodded and sat on the chair...knowing nothing's gonna happen.

Mrs. Briana is having a little talk with Jared, and Cathy is now giggling with Hera.
"What's the problem beautiful? You are looking so tired and sad. What happened?" Noah asked sitting next to me.
"Nothing..its probably because im actually tired." i replied coldly. I'm in no mood of that little talk.

"Well i can help it,I'm very good in head massage. Or anything you want" he asked. Is he trying to flirt?

" I think I'm better without it. And thank you for your offer" i replied with a smile. I can't be rude,as he is my guest tonight.

" what about a Coffee than?. I think i do deserve a chance here. I can understand,you are shy and all but...." he said grinning.

I was about to give him a befitting reply but than....i heard him Chuckle

"Hey little angel,..you are looking so pretty..... Happy birthday to you"

I know who is he...from the way my body reacted to, just hearing his voice. My body tensed And my heart is about to pop out of my rib cage.

I saw him..dressed in a charcoal black suit,fitted to perfection. First two buttons of his shirt is left open, showing the beautiful artwork on his chest. His hair is now shorter than usual. A small smile is plastered on his lips. His eyes still look dangerously beautiful and deep. But his face look tired. Dark circles underneath his eyes looks like, he didn't get any sleep.

Hera is giggling and kissing his cheeks.

"Thank you Luca bear. Renne said you are busy, But i still waited for you." she complained.

His gaze fell on my face. I can't help but stare deep in my favorite brown eyes. I saw his pupils dilate ,making them much darker. He licked his lips, and i don't know why i licks mine in response. My throat wents dry and i looked around. Everyone is looking at us except Cathy ,she is grinning at Lucas.

"Thank you Hera...atleast you trust me to keep my promises. Lets just cut this delicious cake. I'm dying with hunger" he said to Hera and nodded to me without leaving my eyes.

Lucas pov:

As soon as my plane landed on the airport i again dialled her phone number. She blocked my number and didn't picking any calls from the unknown numbers. Why is she so hardheaded?.
Its been fucking eight days since she blocked me. I thought she is playing cool with that dinner plan and didn't mind at all after i cancelled the plan.

But i was wrong. So i decided to try my best to not bother her anymore. I tried, but failed about only an hour later. I tried calling and texting her from every new phone number that i can, but she didn't replied.
As soon as i get back here, i tried Cathy's phone number. I don't like to involve other people in my matters...but i don't have any other options.
She cursed me in all 2 minute duration of phone call telling me to never call her either. So i tried Jared's phone number, and he told me the whole tabloid story. He said he tried to explain...but no one listened to him.
Next day i decided to find out the sources behind this whole fake rumour and sue them. I never reacted to any rumour before, but now i have to do this. For Renne, For me...Us.

I was working late in my office today, when i received a text from Cathy.

Cathy: "Hera is sad because of u,she is waiting ....so u better bring ur busy ass here, otherwise I'll drag you here by myself. I know the truth, i think u better clear this shit by yourself "

I came here within 20 minutes..not for Hera and not for Renne. For Myself.

Whoever reading this....thank you so much.

Today(15/08/2020) the book completed 1k reads...which means a lot to me.

But pls let me know which part you like the most and the least??

so that i can work on it to improve .

Pls do vote and comments....