Fifty three

Lucas pov:

"I think you should tell her now. It will make things easier to understand. she'll be prepared for what's coming for her " Jared asked.

"No..i can't do this. First i have to marry her, then she won't be able to leave me. I will tell her everything that she needed to know" i replied.

"This isn't fair Lucas. She have every right to decide for herself. What if, they found her..what will you do then?"

"I don't care if it's fair or not. All i care is her life and her safety and that poor child...she's not the one to suffer. I have to protect them both, and i will. Marrying her is the only option i have. I will gladly choose that." i replied.

"He did what he did....for money or Lorine?"he asked.

"Yeah i know that. Renne have no idea that her step brother Ryan,is already aware of the fact that, Hera is Samuel's daughter. He did everything he could do, to get back to Lorine, who always thought of him as a friend only . Lorine was in love with Sam, but they broke up very soon, after Ryan started manipulating her.  He made her think very low of Sam, that he's cheating on her with Amelia. But Amelia was only a part of Ryan's game plan. But Lorine trusted Ryan, and ran away from Sam. After that, i ended the agreement and alliance with Sam, and nearly three months after, he committed suicide. That day at your wedding, Lorine told me that Ryan is coming here. That bastard , Renne's ex Nicholas, told Ryan that her step sister is here with me. He told Lorine to come over, before he drag her sister out from the wedding. I was lucky enough to get there on time. I give him two days, to pay the money he owes me and hand over the business to Renne. But that Mf is not easy to handle. He's going to press charges against Renne and claim Hera's custody" i sighed.

I took a deep breath.

"This is the only way Jared, I have to marry her. This is the only way i can protect them both. That's why I'm eager to get married asap. Renne suffered her whole life, and that poor kid too. I will adopt Hera, just after getting married to her. Lorine said she'll help me to get Hera's custody. I did wrong to Samuel, all because of Lorine's stupidity". My eyes flooded with tears.

"I still Believe you should try to tell her. What if she understands?.. she's a very smart kind, i know she'll forgive you" Jared said.

"I will...but only after getting married to her" i replied.

He rolled his eyes, and shook his head in disappointment. I know he's worried, but this is stupidity. I can't take any risk now.

"So what you want now?. I've already given my best undercover security team to protect them both. What next?" Jared asked. He took the water bottle and started drinking.

"I want full proof security, untill i get married... next week" i said, and he nearly spit the water out of his mouth.

"Have you gone mad?..you haven't planned anything yet, you getting married next week.....you serious?" he asked.

"I'm damn sure...and i believe my mother will manage everything just fine, but maybe after killing me." i replied.

Which is partly true..i haven't discussed my wedding, not even with my life partner too. I'm doing this, because i have no choice. I can't let them take Hera away, and press criminal charges on Renne that will put her behind the bars. But i can't tell her the truth, else i have to tell her that years ago, i was a part of it too.

"If this is what you want, and i ruined my honeymoon for this madness...then lets just face it now. I'll try to get your marriage registration, and see if their is any good lawyer, who can help in adoption process" he smiled.

"Thank you buddy. You are the best
.."

"No hugs and..No kisses. I'm married now" Jared said, showing his ring finger  .

"I've never kissed you jerk...not even I'm planning too. And never will i do" i said, pointing a middle finger.

"Fuck you"

"Fuck you to dickhead"

"Yeaah....thats just fine. I like it. "

"yup...that girly stuff don't suits you"

"Yeaah...nevermind"

Serene's pov:

"But we've decided that we'll get married, when we both are ready. Right?" i asked.

"Yes. I feel I'm ready. let's get married" he replied.

"Why all of the sudden, you planning this and what about your insecurities your fears to commitment. Marriage is itself a big commitment Lucas. You know what it means"

"I know that Renne. But i also do know, that if I'm ever going to have a family..its only with you now and forever. You are the one and only person, that i cared this much. I'm still having those fears in me...but when I'm with you...everything else just fades away. Its you and only you in my mind. I'm not going to force you...its on you now" he replied.

The sadness all over his face and his hooded eyes, that making my thoughts foggy. But i know if this is what he wants...then I'm going to give him.

"ok then,What about the arrangements?. The dress,the avenue, marriage registration, catering,invitations, decorations and so many things....what will we do about that?" i asked, but like a dumb cute baby he is, he didn't get it.

"I dont know. If you said Yes, then I'll ask my mother to help. I don't want a big celebration, but only friends and family. If thats ok with you?!" he replied.

"I've already given you answer, by asking about the arrangements. But like a fatass mind of yours Baby, Yes. We're getting married next week...ok" i nearly screamed, with excitement.

He pulled me in his arms,and kissed me like his life depends on this. I know we're both unsure...but there is a feeling which is mutual. That makes us both different from others.

The next chapter will be in Lorine's, Pov. Only a few chapters left..

Pls Vote, Comments and add my book in the library, on your wattpad account...Thank you.

Happy Diwali🙏