Thirteen: off limits

Serene's pov:
Three days Later

Lucas: I'm sorry Renne. I cannot come for dinner tonight. something came up. I'll meet you as soon as i can.

Renne: Its ok! I don't mind.

Yess i do mind. He cancelled our plan over a single text. I did everything to make this dinner,special for us. I've been preparing for so many dishes and deserts from this morning. I spent about half of my salary on this dinner thing...ok maybe not, but on that tiny piece of cloth that called 'Lingerie'. Yeahh i did, i can't let him see me in those granny panties and bra.

Fuckk!! Why did i do that. Cathy was the reason..yeaah. I did listen to her advice for once, and shit happened. Naah! Its not her fault. If anyone is blamed for that is Lucas. But what if, he isn't interested in me. Maybe i triggered his ego or bruised his self esteem by not letting him have his way. Regret and sadness is all I'm having on my plate tonight.

Hera' s birthday. Shittt. Only a week left, and i barely have any money left. I don't want her to be sad on her birthday. I will do a part time job somewhere else, so that i can pay my bills. After cleaning the mess from the kitchen counter, i prepared only one meal for Me and Hera.
****
1:50 am.
I can't sleep. I tried but i can't. Hera is sleeping peacefully. Her angelic face is so beautiful. When she smiles...she just looked like him.'My brother'.

His hair was a curly mess, just as Hera's. She is just like him...Calm and mature then her age. She is very sweet and peaceful, Not like other kids of her age. She never demands anything that i can't afford.
I do beleive, when she grow up she'll be just like him...talented,smart and kind.

Tears welled up in my eyes. Why did you do that 'Sam'. You could've waited for me. Or maybe i should've been there earlier. I can't forget that terrible day of my life. It still haunts me in nights and days. I miss you so much. You were my only hope left in this terrible life. I can't forgive myself for being a coward and betraying my only brother.
I lost everything i have...for that bastard i betrayed my brother my only family, My hope.
I was so stupid, i fall for that fucking piece of shit, my ex boyfriend..'Nicholas aderson'.

He was a charmer, very popular in college. He was my crush since high school. When he said, he do feel the same, it was like a dream come true. Everything was fine and beautiful until he showed his true self.

****
I'm choking on my breath...i realised i was crying so bad. Sobbing so loud. I tried to swallow my sobs, but i couldn't. My brother didn't deserve that...i was the one who should be punished.

"Renne, why awe you crwying?" Hera said in sleepy voice full of concern.

"Nothing baby, i was having a bad dream. But I'm okay now" i replied wiping my tears. I can't be like that in front of her.

" Come here, My Renne. You awe not okaay. I know you miss Mama and Dadda" she said gesturing me to hug her!!. She use 'My Renne' when she asks something very important

And..Here goes my guards down...i hugged her tightly and cried as much as i can. She patted my back with her tiny hands. Saying "Everything will be ok!".

"My Baby, do you miss them. I mean don't you also want Mamma and Dadda like jenny( her friend from play school)" i asked. She wipes the tears from my cheeks with her tiny hands

"No!! I Have you,Renne. I dont have them but you. And Cathy and Mrs. Bri and My Luccaa and Uncle J" she giggled.

she said...My Luca. Ofcourse, she is very fond of him. That day, she insisted,sitting on his lap while he was driving. He didn't mind and very carefully drived his car. They were whispering and having secret converstion all the way to home.

"yes! You have me. Now go to sleep, otherwise i will complain Miss Venessa" i kissed her cheeks. Miss Venessa is her teacher at school. Due to this Cold weather, Christmas break is started earlier. Not For Me though.

I kept wondering, What is he doing right now? Why didn't he show up tonight. Maybe he's stuck in work or something important... He said he will meet me Asap so...lets just wait for him.

Next day:

" Wow you look like a princess, Baby. This is definitely the one, we are looking for.." i said approving the dress for Hera.

" ohh yeaa, she's gonna slay hoes when she grow up. Boys would be begging for her attention..i promise. She's gonna ...." Cathy's again uttering shit in front of her. I warned her so many times

"Cathy....i told you to keep your shit together in front of this kid. Why you always fuck up, by saying those things" i warned her.

" Wow Renne, Not even a single cuss word came out from your holy mouth. Are you going to be a 'Nun' babe?" she asked grinning.

I joined her in laugh. In last few days I'm losing my patience very easily. Thankfully Hera is in changing room with the sales girl. I need to pull my strings, to control myself.
Hera dressed in her own pink frock. I tucked her hair to one side, with a bow hairpin. We bought two dresses and one pair of silver belly shoes for her birthday.
Cathy said she needs a few other things from the store, while i was waiting for her.
I sat on the couch in waiting area and sarted picking magazines from the table. I do not read much of magazines and newspapers...but i have plenty of time to kill right now.
There were about twenty of magazines...but none i like. I sighed and decided to waste time in waiting ,instead of reading.

A woman sitting opposite to me, was reading a newspaper. A sort of entertainment section tabloid. On the front page...there is a photo, that catch my eyes.

Lucas with a beautiful girl. A dark haired girl. Someone looks like a Victoria secret model. I asked the woman politely ,if she can give me that page, she agreed.
Here comes the News......

"Lucas Scott with girlfriend Sophie Miller, spotted outside his residential building"
I feel a sharp pain in my chest. How can i let him make a fool of myself. I know we are not bounded, we just confessed our likings to each other. But here he is having a girlfriend, a fucking serious relationship with someone so beautiful so famous.
Why the fuck he lied to me...? Is this what he do usually. He said he like playing games...but now i realised he plays with other's feelings.

Tears felt warm, as they rolled down and fell on the piece of paper, I'm staring.
You know Renne... from the very first moment...He is beyond your limits.....

A sad chapter!!!....
I felt really sad...what you guys feel about it??

Do vote and comment..