Thirty two

Serene's pov:

"As you know Miss, you've given enough of time to pay for the signing amount. But you didn't. I'm assuming ,you must've packed your luggage already or you need time?" the manager asked.

"yes Mr. Warren. I did pack my luggage. If you want you can check the apartment, i haven't taken anything other then my belongings" i replied.

"Don't worry about that Miss. I've did that in first place. You may leave now"  he said writing down a few things on the small diary.

I took out the bags and suit cases from the apartment. Normally its too cold in January, but today the weather is warm and sunny as compare to other days.
Hera took her small bag of toys with her, she left so many inside the apartment, as we can't carry that much of stuff with us. I have no where to go. I tried Uncle Jackson's phone number...but its unreachable.

"Renne...where are we goeing, today" she asked innocently.

"I don't know baby. But we'll find somewhere to live tonight" i replied.

"we can go to Cathy's, or maybe Lucas's?" she asked.

She knows we are homeless now. I told her everything, being a four year old...she's too brave and understanding. She said we will find a way out of this.
Its about 2 pm, and we are roaming on the streets, to find a cheap stay for overnight. Maybe more..i don't know how many days I've to do this. We both rested in the park, and ate our lunch together. Few sandwiches that i packed before leaving the apartment.

We haven't found any place to stay. Each and every hotel is out of our budget, at this time of year, hotel's price spiked on the peaks. Too bad to be homeless in this time of year.

We get back to the park, so that we could just take rest in the night. I placed one blanket on the bench, and other to cover over her body, so she can sleep peacefully. The temperature dropped instantly, into a chilly weather. I wrapped Hera in the blanket. But still its too cold. I don't know how will we survive tonight.

"Renne...I'm getting cold, pls take me home. I don't like it here" Hera asked with her shattering teeths.

I pulled her in my arms, and rubbed over the blanket to keep her body warm. I feel to bad and worthless. She didn't deserve to be live like that. She is my responsibility.

"Hera baby...we don't have a home. But i promise It will get better soon. We will find a new place tomorrow"

she nodded in response. Still trying to keep herself warm. She covered her face with blanket leaving her blue eyes open. That are filled with tears, i can feel my own flowing down.

I patted her back, still rubbing her body to trap some warmness inside. But god have other plans. Soon the wind started blowing, making the cold weather unbearable. It's a sign of rain. The dark sky is now lightening with thunder storm...its too bad. I searched around to find somewhere a shed or something that can protect us from rain. I took Hera in my arms, and dragging the luggage with one hand. I tried to walk faster, but where will i go.
I walked to the other end of the park, rain started pouring. I need to hurry up. I walked outside, and found a single tin shed, under which the dustbins are located.
I have no other option ...i dragged the suitcases under the shed and sat on an empty carton. This night is getting too hard on us. I hugged her tightly to my body so that she can get some sleep. Soon the rain got heavier, and the weather got icy cold. But i Can't do anything other than waiting for the morning.
****
Its 3 in the morning. Its not raining, but the wind is still blowing too cold. A few cars pulled over, in front of the park, they were searching something. Who will came here in the night at this late hour?
What if he is some kind of serial killer or something. Maybe some illegal business to be held there. I should've rented a room or maybe asked someone to let us stay overnight. But my ego or self respect is too big to get us killed with cold or maybe from some mafia person.

"Introduce yourself. Or i will get you know by myself" the men shouted in the dark.

What if they got us out of here, and sell us to some fucking pimp. Or maybe worse sell our organs. I shouldn't let them know that we are girls. I tried to hide in the dark but its too late.

"I'm telling you the last time. Who are you?" he shouted.

"Renne..who is he. I'm scared. Is he bad man?" Hera asked

Shitt.... What will i do now.

"Hera...Renne. is that you?" he asked from behind the man.

How did he find us...here. out of all places.

"Luca bear... Is that you?" Hera asked as she got off from my lap, and ran towards him.

He pulled her in his arms, and sighed loudly with relief.

"Ohh thank God. I've been searching for you whole day. Why didn't you tell me that you need a place to stay?" he asked me raising his eyebrows.

"Why would i do that. I mean..I'll manage Lucas. You don't need to pity on us"
" I'm not pitying on you Renne. I promised you that I'll keep you safe and secure. I'm just trying to prove my point. Lets go now...its too cold out there" he said.

"No pls... Why are you doing this. I don't want to stay there. What will everyone think about me that I'm a gold digger or somehing that living on your money. And this will give the papps new stories about both of us living together" i told him.

"you can work for me...in return I'll pay you and let you live under the same roof, untill you have enough money to rent your own home. About the papps....its a private property. No one can even step a foot inside my house without my permission. Don't wory about that" he asked.

"But what about the job. I can't use my documents or my professional degree to get a job....."

"Renne....i want to sleep..pls take me to bed... Im tired"  Hera started crying, her face turned pale and lips turned light blue.

"Ohh god...i think she is sick. Fever and cold maybe...I'm not sure" Lucas replied, checking her temperature.

I panicked instantly. What will i do now. I don't have a home or a place to stay by. I don't have enough money to pay the hospital bills.

"Don't waste your time in overthinking ...baby. I'm here with you. let's go" he took my hand and opened the back door of the car, for me. We both get seated, while his assistants loaded the trunks with our luggage.

The car stopped in the front of a big mansion, that is a beautiful combination of classic and modern art.

"What is this place. Aren't you living in the penthouse anymore?" i asked, as we stepped out of the car.

"Not anymore. I need personal space now, that I'm planning to start a new chapter of my life with someone special. I moved out from that place" he told me staring through my eyes to direct in my soul.
I nodded. This is the effect i hate and so do i love the most.

He have Tamed my heart,body and soul with those prominent brown eyes.

"Don't you like this place? We can have it modified as per your choice" he asked moving forward.

"No... I like it. Its so beautiful Lucas" he smiled in response.

"I've already called Dr. Harrison. He's child specialist. It will only take 5 to 10 minues till he arrives here. Have some rest baby. I'll take care of her" he sat on the couch in the living room.

I sit next to him. Hera is sleeping peacefully in his arms, wrapped around in a blanket.

"No.I can't just leave you alone, I'll stay there with you like you did for me." i took his hand in mine...he smiled as i rested my head on his shoulder.
I feel like I'm in home. He's my home.

Will they live together in the same house?

Do vote and comments guys...