Thirty-five

The meeting went boring and normal. I was just standing side by side with Angela. Recording and writing the aspects and concern of the clients. Lucas's father Mr. Kevin Scott, also joined us in the meeting. He was smiling in my direction and lucas. what's the deal?.
After discussing and negotiating for about two hours, the meeting came to an end. As usual our successful talented billionaire catch the deal. His father's face lit with proud and appreciation. I started collecting the papers and files as the meeting ended.

"Congratulations Son! I'm really proud of you. I made the right decision by handing over the Business  to you" he said patting his shoulder.

Lucas's face turned red. He smiled and thanked his father. He turns all shy and awkward when he gets compliments.

"But always make sure to check your appearance in the mirror first. Your mother would also like the same color of lipstick, that stained your neck and lips. What color is it, Renne?. I want to gift this one to Karen!" he turned, mid sentence towards me.

I dropped the files,out of shock. Then i noticed the lipstick marks on his collar and lips. His father was grinning in my direction. I was speechless. He really wants to know the lipstick color and brand?

"Dad...pls. we should leave now. Angela... help Miss Serene to get her things together and explain all the work she needed to complete till evening" Lucas dismissed us, leaving the conference room along with his father.

Angela, did really helped me alot. She has her cocky attitude, but maybe its her way to treat people. My cabin was side by side to Luca's office, with a door on the side wall. It opens directly to his office. I took my seat, and started arranging the list of the materials to be purchased and listing the suppliers.

"Hey...Serene. Aren't you hungry?. Lets have lunch together, I'll introduce you to the other people in the office" Angela tapped on the table, asking me to join.

"I want to...but i have too much work to do" i replied.

"That can wait. But we have only about forty minutes to have lunch. let's go" she told , getting up from her seat.

I joined her into the cafeteria, we took seats on the tables eating our food. She introduced me to so many people. Camila, Cara, Asher ,Ethan, Sandy joined us on the table.
Camila,Ethan and Sandy works in the designing section. Cara is in marketing department, and Asher works in the Accounts department.

"what about the weekend party Angela, You coming?" Camila asked.

"Yeah i am. I wasn't sure about it earlier, but now that we signed with the Japanese...i am going to rock the weekend" she replied with excitement.

"You should also come to the party Serene. Its a big celebration" Asher asked me.

"Thank you, but I'm not sure if I'm free this weekend" i replied

I don't want to go anymore parties. I've really bad experiences with the clubs and parties. Other than Lucas.

"Serene..you are new here. You should socialize, it will help you in getting settled with the job and the people here. I think you should try" Angela asked.
I nodded and said I'll try.

"are you and Mr. Scott having some kind of relationship?" Cara asked directly.
"No...but i know him before" i replied.

"Cool...so you are single right?" Asher asked with excitement.

I nodded, with confusion. They are all weird...or maybe i am weird.

After eating lunch we all got back to our work stations.

"Serene...I don't know what's going on between you and Lucas. But you should try to keep it private. Its not good for your career and your professional image. You did that good.  Keep doing that,i am happy that you handled the situation this easily. But they will keep bugging you for this. So be careful " Angela told me with concern.

"I know that. I'll keep it in my mind. Thank you so much Angela" she smiled and returned to her seat.

****
I returned back to home...'his house'. I took the cab, instead of his car. I feel really awkward taking all the help he is willing to lend. Jenna is sitting on the couch along with Hera. She is painting in the color book..maybe some butterflies or flowers.

"Heyy baby. How's your day in the school?" i asked sitting next to her.

"It was good. I missed you Renne" she said as she kissed my cheeks.

"And me?. Don't you miss me, sugar?" He asked from the doorway.

Hera giggled and ran towards him. Hugging him as he pulled her in his arms. Jenna bring coffee for both of us.
I'm feeling tired and sleepy. I just want to go to bed right now.

Jenna made the dinner for us, as i changed into my pajamas. After eating dinner, i put Hera to sleep and helped Jenna in the kitchen.
Lucas is working on the project, in the study.
I quickly paced towards my room to have as much sleep as i can have, until tomorrow morning.

Lucas's pov:

I've been working from the past two hours. Its not that, its much important to do right now. I'm working so that i can avoid seeing her, so i can stop myself falling for her. But its already too late for this.
After knowing the truth, 'The complete truth'...I've had two choices. To let her go and suffer for the mistakes of mine or to save her, protect her and try to give them all they both deserves in life.

Her loud whimpering sound bring me back to reality. I ran towards her room barging inside. Her cheeks are soaking wet with tears. She is still sleeping, but mumbling some words that i can't understand

I kneel besides her bed, wiping her soft cheeks with my thumbs. Caressing her face with my both hands. I don't even want to know what bring her to this state. she's in pain and emotional trauma. Her past is a series of nightmares. Maybe that still haunts her in sleep.

After some time, she became normal, her breaths are steady and slow. Her face is at ease and her body relaxed. I got up and just abput to turn around, she took my hand in hers.
Still sleeping, mumbling something, and smiling. I brought my ears just as close to her face so that i can hear whatever she's talking.

"Pls stay. I want to sleep in your arms, Lucas" she mumbled.

I shockingly turned to see if she's awake, but she's still sleeping. I want to do just that. To love her to protect her to do everything she wants...and hell so do i was dying to do that. But my insides were screaming at me to run away from her.

I turned around and paced out from her room but something didn't let me do that. She needs me. I know i am the reason to blame..but i can try to fix it now.

I got up on bed, laying beside her pulling her in my arms. Admiring her beautiful face and her innocent smile.
I know its never gonna last long, once she knows the truth..she will leave me. she'll never forgive me for this.
But i won't give up on her this easily.

I kissed her forhead lovingly...and her lips tugged in the most beautiful smile, making her cheeks blush. I've never thought she'll respond like this in sleep. She rested her face on my chest, inhaling my scent. I know she do this everytime she hugs me.

In this moment...i know one thing for sure. I love this women....and I'll keep loving her even though she never gonna love me back.....
But....I love her...I love Renne. My Renne.

Do vote and comments pls...