Chapter 1

This is my first ever book that I will be finishing and I am so excited to share it with you all. Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to read your feedback. Xx.

Raven's P.O.V

As I walk through the packed aisles of the supermarket, I slowly start noticing a very weird but familiar feeling spark up throughout my body.

And no, haha, it's not the type of feeling you're thinking about ;)

It's the type of feeling you sometimes get in overcrowded spaces. I'm talking about the anxiety type of feelings.

I'm not diagnosed with it but that's mainly because I haven't talked to my doctor about it. And just because I wasn't diagnosed, doesn't mean I can't feel the way I do.

Usually, the feeling leaves my system if I stay in the same place for a little while. I've been browsing through this supermarket for around twenty minutes, so I hope this feeling will go away in a bit.

Once the aisles become familiar and all the loud noises blur out into the background, I should be okay. Not great, but okay.

For the last couple of minutes, I've been trying to find the fizzy drink and juice section, but so far, luck hasn't been on my side.

I look up at all the sections that are labelled and hung above my head, next to them are the lane numbers.

I scan my narrowed eyes across all the letters and stop when my eyes fall on the letter 'D.'

I mentally slap myself, wanting to actually do it in real life, but then again not wanting to be thought of as a psycho by all these people buzzing around me.

I ask myself why I didn't just do that to start with, but then I remember that I was just stupid.

Anyway, the drinks were supposed to be in lane 7.

Huh? My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion, that's weird. I swear I had been to that lane and it turned out to be the baby food section.

I guess baby food is mushy and wet... like juice?

Sighing, I slowly turn around. I suddenly feel really tired and just want to go to sleep, but I pull the trolley with me which is full of food that my mum had asked me to buy.

When I reach the lane, my face is gobsmacked.

It actually is the juice section, but how is that even possible?

I had passed this lane at least three times and this wasn't the place I was looking for.

The only answer is, magic.

I shrug my shoulders; the lanes must have changed. I stroll into the aisle and gaze over the hundreds of types of juices.

Looking through all the choices I have, my eyes fall on the Capri Sun boxes which are one of his favourite drinks. Though, his all-time favourite is simple old Apple Juice.

The really cute thing is that apple juice is also my favourite beverage. It's way better than orange juice because it actually tastes sweet.

Orange juice on the other hand, ew, I can't even stand the thought of drinking orange juice, the flavour of it is so bitter and disgusting and it even makes me feel bitter inside.

Shaking my head one last time in disgust, I grab the Capri Sun carton that contains 10 packs of Summer Berry flavoured juice.

After placing the carton in the trolley, I continue walking through the aisle trying to find his favourite drink.

Walking through the lane at least twice more to make sure that my eyesight isn't failing, I confirm that there actually isn't any apple juice here.

My heart softens when I think of the sad face Tom will make if he doesn't get his juice. There was no way I could see him sad on his birthday.