Chapter 13

Raven's P.O.V

Oh my god, is he proposing?

"Raven Mells, will you marry me?" He asks, with a hopeful look in his eyes.

He is proposing... Today is my... engagement party!?

My eyes fill up with tears, I can't believe someone is actually proposing to me.

I didn't think I would have gotten the chance to get proposed to because my wedding had been fixed.

"Yes," I whisper, nodding my head.

His face breaks out into a small smile and takes the ring out of the royal blue box.

Grabbing my left hand, he slides the beautiful ring onto my ring finger.

The ring was simple, just the way I like my things.

Everyone starts clapping with huge grins on their faces.

Kourtney walks out of the corner, running up to me and engulfing me into a hug.

"I'm so happy for you," she screams, running and throwing her arms around my neck.

My jaw drops open as I wrap my arms around her waist tightly, "thank you so much for being here, I really wanted my best friend to see my engagement."

"I know, anyone would want me to be at their engagement if I was their best friend," she says, flipping her hair over her shoulder, luckily missing my nose this time.

Kourt moves over to the side when Ryder walks up to me, I think he was talking to his mum. He pulls me into a really tight hug.

"I'm so happy, thank you for saying yes. I know this is an arranged marriage so you had to say yes, but it still means so much to me. I promise to love and cherish you forever."

I smile at his words, maybe this marriage won't be as bad as I thought it would be in the beginning.

***********************

The party ended nicely. Now, Ryder and I are lying in bed not really doing anything.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks me, breaking me out of my random thoughts.

I shake my head at him, "nothing," I answer, fiddling with my new ring.

The ring was going to take a lot of getting used to, I didn't like wearing jewellery for a long time.

His eyes fall onto the ring and he smiles down at it, "do you like it?"

"I love it so much; you know my taste very well."

"I'm really happy now, that you like it," he says, pecking my lips.

He was about to pull his lips away when I grab his face and connect our lips together again.

He kisses back and pulls me on top of him, me now straddling him.

Someone opens the door and walks in, breaking us away from each other. I turn to the door to see that person being Everlyn.

Her eyes widen when she sees us in our position.

I jump off of Ryder and place myself next to him. She starts laughing at us and doesn't stop anytime soon.

"I'm so sorry for disturbing you guys, continue, I'm leaving," she says, walking out of the door, "I swear I didn't see anything!"

"Wait," I scream out, "it's not what it looks like Everlyn, come back."

"Leave it, let's continue," Ryder says, pulling me closer to him.

I pull myself back, "no, I don't want to do anything yet."

He sighs but nods, getting up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" I ask him, curiosity evident in my voice.

"I need to go have a long cold shower," he says walking away, glancing over his shoulder, he gives me a wink.

My cheeks brighten and I glance away.

Reading a lot of Wattpad books educated me enough to know why guys would have a cold shower.

"I'm guessing by your facial expressions; you know what it means?" He's chuckling now.

My eyes widen, he's still here? I didn't even realise.

"Yes, I do, now go and have a cold shower to calm down your thingy."

I can't believe I actually said that, what is wrong with me?

He smirks and walks up to me, "my what?" he asks, bringing his face closer to mine.

My face is still burning, but I don't move my gaze away from his eyes.

"Go on," he urges me to continue.

"No."

"I want to hear it from your mouth, say it."

This continues on for so long until I finally scream out, "DICK."

Fuck.

That was so loud.

What if someone heard me?

I really need to stop embarrassing myself.

He smirks at me, finally hearing what he wanted to, "oh, that."

Let me tease him a bit. I bring myself closer to him, "yeah, that," I say, grabbing onto where his dick would be through his jeans and taking it to the next step by squeezing it.

His eyes widen and his jaw hangs open in shock. He was at a loss of words, not meeting my eyes anymore.

A few seconds later he rushes into the bathroom.

Awe.

That was the first time I embarrassed Ryder.

Not wanting him to be uncomfortable later on, I quickly get under the blankets and try to go to sleep.

***********************

When I wake up the next morning, Ryder wasn't asleep next to me.

I wonder where he went so early in the morning, maybe he was downstairs having breakfast.

I change into the clothes I was going to be wearing today, then skip downstairs to get some breakfast in my belly because I was starving.

No one was downstairs, so they were probably still sleeping.

But where could Ryder be?

He's a grown man, he can take care of himself.

Why should I worry about him?

Walking into the kitchen, I decide to make breakfast for everyone.

I make some scrambled eggs and while they were cooking, I was toasting some bread.

Once everyone was awake, we all are some breakfast at the dining table together.

The whole time Everlyn kept giving me a knowing smile.

I don't know if she's thinking about the position, she found us in or if she heard what I had said last night.

I really hope it was the first one, I really didn't want her hearing me say, no yell, "dick."

As we're all eating, Ryder walks in through the doors, he was wearing a black shirt and grey jogging bottoms.

"Good Morning everyone," he says, giving all of us a smile before looking at me and sending me a wink.

"Where did you go so early in the morning?" mum asks him.

"I went jogging, sorry if I worried any of you."

She shakes her head, "do you want breakfast?"

"Yeah, I'm going to have a shower first though."

He looks at me one last time before he walks up the stairs.