Chapter 28

Raven's P.O.V

Everything here was just foolishly expensive and a waste of money.

A chicken salad was €35.99.

Like huh? Why does a salad need to be so expensive?

Was the chicken from chicken kingdom?

The waiter walks over to our table with a notepad and a pen in his hands, "êtes-vous tous les deux prêts à commander?"

(Are you both ready to order?)

Tyler closes his menu and looks up at him, "oui."

Forget the food. Tyler sounded so good speaking French.

Thinking about him speaking Italian, makes my mouth water.

"Raven," he starts, "you can order first," he says, signalling over to the waiter.

I bite my lip and nod, scanning the menu again, trying to find the cheapest food here.

The only thing I managed to find that had a decent price was one of the starters.

"Can I have one plate of Croquetas De Jamon Serrano Poulet?" I ask him with a smile.

I don't understand why the dish is called something so long when it's just a starter.

He nods, writing the dish down onto his notepad, then turning to Tyler. "And you, monsieur?" he asks in a French accent.

I look over at Tyler who was looking at me confused, then he turns to the waiter, "can we have two Cote De Boeuf?

The waiter looks at him in shock, "tu vas manger toute cette nourriture par toi-même."

(You're going to eat all this food on your own?)

"Non, l'un est pour moi et l'autre est pour elle," Tyler replies.

(No, one is for me and the other is for her.)

My eyes widen and I shake my head towards the waiter. One Cote De Boeuf was €97, there was no way I could afford that.

"No, it's fine, I didn't bring that much money," I tell him embarrassed, not meeting his eyes.